Jailbreak Detection help

19birel

Mar 29, 2012
Economy, Pennsylvania
I was wondering if you guys could tell me which appstore apps have the jailbreak detection software so I can decide if I want to Jailbreak my 4S. Here are the apps that I would like to know about. Any input helps! THanks

Skype Shazam Nike+GPS Photoshop Express

Gangstar Rio Fruit Ninja Pocket God

If anyone can confirm that one, some, or even all of these apps work or don't work on a jailbroken device that would be great. Thanks again!

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
I've been JB'd for 2.5 years, first with a 3GS, now on my 4S.
Never had a AppStore purchase not work because of that.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
All of those apps will work fine on a jailbroken iPhone. You'll get a jailbreak detection warning the first time you open Skype, but you can just ignore it. Skype works perfectly fine on jailbroken phones; it's just that Skype won't provide tech support for the app unless the phone is stock. As far as I know, there is only one app that is disabled by the jailbreak, Optimum TV, and there is a way to enable it again and get it working. So no worries, you can go ahead and jailbreak. :)

19birel

Mar 29, 2012
Economy, Pennsylvania
Thanks for the responses everyone, looks like I'll be jailbreaking it! As far as what jailbreak to use I was thinking of going with RedSnow because that's what I had on my old iPad one but since I'm putting this software on an A5 is there a better one? Thanks.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Use Absinthe if it's on 5.0 or 5.0.1. There currently is no jailbreak for a 4S on 5.1 and there is no way to downgrade the firmware.
greenpois0n.com/

Last edited by a moderator: