Jailbreak - editing ifile

Discussion in 'Themes' started by Michmeister, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Michmeister

Michmeister Member
    Bronze

Can anyone tell me how to copy and paste image from camera roll into theme folder

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Thread moved to iPhone Jailbreak Themes.

To copy an image that you just saved to your camera roll:
    1.Open iFile.
    2.Go to var/mobile/media/DCIM/ and open the last folder.
    3.Click the edit button in the upper right corner.
    4.Scroll down to the last image and select it. This will put a red check mark next to it.
    5.Press the clipboard icon in the bottom right corner and select copy/link.

To paste:
    Go to the location where you need to paste the image, press edit, tap the clipboard icon, and then select paste.

3. Michmeister

Michmeister Member
    Bronze

Hi I copy and pasted dock it worked. I put if in folder named sbdockbg@2xiPhone.png and then I deleted the three files you said too and went to persistent and deleted the file there restrung and did not change. I don't know what I'm doing wrong I've been trying for hours. I followed your directions. I viewed the image of dock and its definitely in the folder.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Read through the directions again. You do not need to create a new folder. Also, you have the file name wrong. This is the correct name, and remember that it's case sensitive: SBDockBG@2x~iPhone.png

5. Michmeister

Michmeister Member
    Bronze

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365109834.502641.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365109844.752308.jpg ok did this and still not working the image is there I spelled correctly.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No. That's wrong. The correct *file* name is SBDockBG@2x~iPhone.png. Your file name is IMG_4533.PNG. Also, your dock image is not in the correct location. You need to put it in the SpringBoard.app folder, not create a new folder named SBDockBG@2x~iPhone.png. You don't need to create any new folders to do this.

This is where the file goes. But be sure to change the file name first and backup the original:
    image.jpg

7. Michmeister

Michmeister Member
    Bronze

I think I deleted that by mistake. Hope it doesn't screw up my phone . That's my problem i no longer have that file. I guess I'm just not good at this. Thanks for all your help.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Well, you don't need the original until you want to switch back to it. Did you see the step where I said to rename the original file? If you did that, it's backed up. You just change the file name back to the original name when you want to use it again. I can send you the original if you accidentally deleted it.

This method is a little more difficult, but I like to avoid WinterBoard.

9. Michmeister

Michmeister Member
    Bronze

I use winter board is there an easier way for me to put jmage of dock there and apply?

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Okay, I didn't know you we're already using WinterBoard. Are you using a theme that changes the dock? If so, you can just replace that dock with this one and respring. Just make sure it has the same name as the existing one.

11. Michmeister

Michmeister Member
    Bronze

I'm using ayecon

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Okay, just find the dock image in the Ayecon folder and switch it out with this one.

13. Michmeister

Michmeister Member
    Bronze

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator