Dec 4, 2008
SO i just purchased my iPhone 3g 2 weeks ago and i love it

now i been browsing the web and have read about jailbreaking

im very leaned towards jailbreaking it and gettin cydia

now the problem is i am very scared to do so

i bought the 2 year protection plan

so i don't want to void that in any way

now i have a couple questions

1. If i jailbreak my phone will i be able to restore it or reset it back to factory settings?

2. If i restore it back to factory settings or reset it, if it lets say breaks will i be able to send it to Apple and they wouldn't kno i ever jailbroke it cause i reset it?

3.how do you jailbreak a phone? if u could i need easy step by step directions to follow so i don't mess up my phone

4. lets say the next Apple firmware comes out, will i have to get rid of jailbreak to install it? or what would be the deal with this

i am really freakin out over doing this, new phone and don't want to mess it up or make it not be under warranty or whatever. and i would go throught wit the jailbreak but i just need sum veryfying to make me feel comfortable with this

thanks for reading this

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
1. Yes
2. Yes
You can restore to factory settings and no one will be the wiser.

I don't jailbreak, but most that do wait until a JB comes out for the new firmware before doing so.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.

drlynx

Dec 2, 2008
hello guys... i did jailbreak my iPhone 3g last month ago... and when the new version (2.2 fireware) come out, i upgrade it..... so that means.... even if i dun jailbreak with quickpwn now, i couldn't unlock my ph in the future? is that correct...? i want to use my iPhone in another country but cant unlock for this moment.... what i can do guys? pls reply me asap

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
If you use PwnageTool 2.2, you will be able to unlock your iPhone with a software unlock in the future. If you unlock it using QuickPwn, then your chances will decrease.

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
I was freaking out when I JB my phone for the first time.
However, I also bought accidental damage insurance from square trade, so I was thinking worse come to worse... I just run over my phone under my car... LOL...

Anyway, once you did it, you'd think it's so much easy than you think... or nothing really freak out about... (although, I do understand it is if you never done it).

But I'd suggest you to read more threads on this forum good and bad, and knowledge yourself a little bit more..... that's what I did...

Plus there are many nice people here to help you!

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
well, just need to make sure to hide the JB evidence.... when I need to claim for the money... :p:p

but so far, my JB is working perfectly fine, and loving it!

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Where is Installer!? Is that after I jailbrake. I was going to do this (jailbrake) now I don't know what to do?!:oops:
Yes. When you jailbreak your iPhone, you will get two programs. Cydia and Installer. I advise you not to use Installer at all, on the other hand, Cydia is pretty good and you'll find almost everything you need for the iPhone on it (except games) for free.

Remix23

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
wow so i jailbroke my phone, amazin :) lol
thank you guys
how do you thanks someone in their post? id like to thank u all

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
wow so i jailbroke my phone, amazin :) lol
thank you guys
how do you thanks someone in their post? id like to thank u all
The two words 'thank you' are totally enough :). But anyhow you will find a "Thanks" button next to the Reply & Quote buttons on each post someone makes. You won't be able to see the "Thanks" button until you reach 25 posts.