Jailbreak has broken my app layout...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
www.CloverfieldMovieForum.com

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Cydia looks accessible on your screen, so open it and uninstall the layout tweaks you have installed. Inconoclasm, Springtomze 3, Infiniboard and Gridlock are a few examples. Make sure you only install one tweak that modifies the layout. Installing more than one can cause compatibility problems.

For future reference, you can upload pictures directly to eiC instead of using photobucket. The images will show up in the post rather than slow-loading photobucket links.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
There are lots of apps that will let you downsize pictures so they won't exceed the maximum file size here. Photobucket is pretty crappy. It wouldn't even allow me to click your picture so I could read it. I had to take a screenshot and zoom in. Imgur is a good alternative if you don't want to directly upload here.

Any reason you aren't updating to 7.0.4 and using evasi0n? 7.x has a lot of added features and improvements. This is a good time to update. 7.1 will be out soon (and likely not jailabreakable), so you'll be stuck on 5.x for longer if you wait too long.

Have you tried a hard reset? If that doesn't work, click "simple" in the upper left corner when viewing your packages in Cydia. That will change it to expert mode. Post screenshots of the list.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It looks like Cydia is accessible again. So all you need to fix now is the home screen layout, correct? Try this:
Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home Screen Layout

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Can you explain exactly what's happening for clarification?

Have you tried a hard reset and resetting the home screen layout?

I would update to 7.0.4 before it's too late. 7.1 will be out soon and the jailbreak won't work on it, at least not initially.

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
www.CloverfieldMovieForum.com
Can you explain exactly what's happening for clarification?

Have you tried a hard reset and resetting the home screen layout?

I would update to 7.0.4 before it's too late. 7.1 will be out soon and the jailbreak won't work on it, at least not initially.
If by hard reset you mean holding down home and sleep then yes I've done that numerous times and as I said in my last post, I can't reset the home screen as the settings app is broken just like almost all other apps. As for the update are you talking about cydia or my iPad? As it's iPad first gen iOS 5.1.1 is as far as I can go.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
If by hard reset you mean holding down home and sleep then yes I've done that numerous times and as I said in my last post, I can't reset the home screen as the settings app is broken just like almost all other apps. As for the update are you talking about cydia or my iPad? As it's iPad first gen iOS 5.1.1 is as far as I can go.
You'll have to restore the iPad to 5.1.1. Sorry, I didn't realize it was an iPad 1.