Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

AdamDaieh

Bronze
Jan 17, 2013
California
With iOS 7 coming in the summer/fall of 2013, when can we expect a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 When do you think this will be released or will they wait for iOS 7 as to not use up the existing exploits?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
It looks like the next jailbreak will be for iOS 7 as previously stated. I, however, wish there would be a jailbreak for 6.1.3 as I like to be up-to-date. On the other hand, iOS 7 will as I read be released in the summer, June possibly, thereforee they are hoping to have a jailbreak for that time as it will be a bigger iOS update.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
We won't. The best we can hope for is for the devs to get the SHSHs working and for Apple to add a few of the most popular jailbreak tweaks to iOS 7 so we have basic features while we're waiting for the 5S jailbreak. There's no reason to think the iOS 7 jailbeak will take any less than four months. I think we'll see iOS 7 in the fall, not the summer.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
A tethered jailbreak could happen, I suppose. They did say that they had a few exploits, maybe some wont work on iOS 7 - bring on the iOS 7 betas, we'll know then!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
A tethered jailbreak could happen, I suppose. They did say that they had a few exploits, maybe some wont work on iOS 7 - bring on the iOS 7 betas, we'll know then!
It's possible, but highly improbable that they'd waste exploits on an insignificant update. They've already stated that they don't intend to make a 6.1.3 jailbreak.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
It's possible, but highly improbable that they'd waste exploits on an insignificant update. They've already stated that they don't intend to make a 6.1.3 jailbreak.
I know what you're saying, but if the iOS 7 beta's close these exploits then I reckon they might not saying they will, but might release a tethered jailbreak. You never know?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I know what you're saying, but if the iOS 7 beta's close these exploits then I reckon they might not saying they will, but might release a tethered jailbreak. You never know?
It's very unlikely that iOS 7 will patch unused jailbreak exploits. I don't think that's ever happened before.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
The rumor is out there, and it seems to center around posixninja, who has stated that the next jailbreak might come from him alone. However, when asked about a 6.1.3 jailbreak, he said, ""I will at least wait for 7.0, if not even 7.1".

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
It's very unlikely that iOS 7 will patch unused jailbreak exploits. I don't think that's ever happened before.
The rumor is out there, and it seems to center around posixninja, who has stated that the next jailbreak might come from him alone. However, when asked about a 6.1.3 jailbreak, he said, ""I will at least wait for 7.0, if not even 7.1".
Mr ninja likes the attention doesn't he? :D

He's got beef with Mr MuscleNerd... I wish they would just get along and unite their mad skillz.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Mr ninja likes the attention doesn't he? :D

He's got beef with Mr MuscleNerd... I wish they would just get along and unite their mad skillz.
I couldn't care less about that. Nothing's changed since GeoHot had his rants back in 2009. They're hackers; they all love attention. I don't care how they interact or how much they brag as long as they keep making jailbreaks.

richardya

Silver
Sep 24, 2007
If they have exploits waiting then why would you think the JB won't be ready until fall if IOS 7 is released with unused exploits? Months of developing after the exploit?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
If they have exploits waiting then why would you think the JB won't be ready until fall if IOS 7 is released with unused exploits? Months of developing after the exploit?
Probably just a guesstimation coming from the length of time it took to push a jailbreak for iOS 6 and the iPhone 5. We will have a much better idea once the iOS 7 beta's are released which will probably be a few months yet. If the beta's don't close the exploits then we could see a jailbreak in weeks rather than months. One things for sure, themers are going to have to re-learn how to do things with this UI/GUI upgrade!