Jailbreak iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by superchaos, Jul 1, 2013.

1. superchaos

superchaos Member
    Bronze

Had an iPhone for only about a year now and never really read a lot about jail breaking. I have an idea but is really worth it? Is it similar to just turning off services running in the background on a PC and all that or does it just cause problems in the long run for any reasons?Maybe helps speed things up?

Sent using iCafe app

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Jailbreaking allows you to get into the iPhone system as well as tweak your iPhone a lot. You can add animated wallpapers, cool lock screens and batteries, as well as different looking icons on your status bar. As of right now, I have my iPhone looking like iOS 7.

You can also make your iPhone actions go faster, such as loading pages and opening applications. Overall, Jailbreaking is awesome in my own opinion and most others on this forum. I enjoy it everyday. I even go as far as checking for updates and new tweaks hourly. Obsessed much? :p

Which iPhone iOS are you on? As far as I know, there is only a untethered Jailbreak for iOS 6.0-6.1.2. They are waiting until after iOS 7 is officially released to find new exploits. I did however hear of a possible tethered Jailbreak, but that is not fun. A tethered Jailbreak means you must be near a computer every time you reboot your iPhone to be able to "boot tethered." I experienced this, and it was very inconvenient, even though I am near a computer very often.

To answer your question, yes being Jailbroken you can easily turn off services such as LTE and others. You can also close all running applications in the background. I use this often. I have not run into any problems being Jailbroken. I've been Jailbreaking for several years and it is a lot of fun. It does take a little understanding, but not long at all. If you do decide to Jailbreak, you will get the hang of it pretty quickly. Of course we are here to answer any questions along the way for you. :)