Jailbreak release for iOS 6.1.4 or iOS 7?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by AdamDaieh, Aug 7, 2013.

1. AdamDaieh

AdamDaieh Member
    Bronze

Do you think there will be a jailbreak for ios 6.1.4 or will they wait for ios 7 and jailbreak it?
    It's been a while since there is an untethered jailbreak release and I really hope there is a jailbreak for ios 7.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I think it's very unlikely that we will see a jailbreak for 6.1.4. I think it will be few months after the 5S comes out before we see an untethered iOS 7 jailbreak.

3. AdamDaieh

AdamDaieh Member
    Bronze

Do you think the team who jailbreaks the ios is having trouble hacking the previous ios (6.1.3 and 6.1.4) that's why there is no jailbreak available?

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The evasi0n jailbreak took months of work and utilized five separate exploits. There are now multiple layers of security that hackers have to work through as Apple has made it increasingly difficult to jailbreak every year. Apple patched those exploits with 6.1.3. Jailbreak devs aren't going to bother putting in endless hours of work for an incremental update. Instead, they'll save what exploits they have now and put in the required time after 7.0 comes out.

5. AdamDaieh

AdamDaieh Member
    Bronze

Well I hope there will be a jailbreak soon after the ios 7 comes out. My jailbreak is having some issues lately and I don't have any choice but to save it. :(