Jailbreak software for 1.1.2 released by Dev Team

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
THIS IS A GUIDE FOR AN ALREADY JAILBROKEN 1.1.1 PHONE to 1.1.2.
If you're already at 1.1.2 (OTB or upgraded), you must downgrade first. Click here for instructions. Note: This guide is not for unlocked phones.

Step 0: Download the necessary files
Jailbreak program from the Dev Team:
http://conceitedsoftware.com/iPhone/site/112jb.html

1.1.2 Firmware:
http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...1107.5Bghn/iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw

If you're on Windows, you'll need to make sure that Java installed: http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step 1: Prepare your 1.1.1 device for the Update

1. Launch Installer.app

2. Scroll down to Tweaks (1.1.1)

3. Select OktoPrep

4. Click Install

Step 2: Update to 1.1.2

1. Connect your device to your computer

2. Launch iTunes

3. Back up all your notes, calendars, contacts, etc by doing a sync. (Optional step)

4. Click Shift + Update (or if on a Mac, Options + Update). Select 1.1.2 firmware.

5. Wait forever for your device to update

Step 3: Jailbreak your activated iPhone

1. Close iTunes

2. Make sure your device is connected to your computer

3. Unzip the jailbreak file provided by the Dev Team (see link at very top). On Windows, double click on windows.bat, on Mac, double click on jailbreak.jar

4. Follow the on screen instructions.

TROUBLESHOOTING

When I click on windows.bat, the screen just flashes and closes:
First, make sure you've unzipped the jailbreak folder. If windows.bat still flashes, you need to install Java (see step 0).

What if my phone is already at 1.1.2?
If your phone is already at 1.1.2, the only current solution at the moment is to downgrade to 1.1.1, install OktoPrep, then upgrade back to 1.1.2. See this guide on how to downgrade:

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/jailbreak-software-for-1-1-2-released-by-dev-team.14862/

Last edited by a moderator:

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
I'm lost. This post implies there's a 1.1.2 jailbreak. Is that incorrect?
There is indeed a jailbreak for 1.1.2 now. For those of us living in the US, 1.1.2 firmware doesn't seem to be available on iTunes yet, but you can install it manually.

mobilehavoc

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
I just used it for Windows and it works beautifully. FYI, 1.1.2 seems to be faster than 1.1.1 even with the 3rd party apps. I'm loving it..

jakkyl

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
I tried it in Leopard and it kept telling me that the iPhone was not connected to my system. So, I tried it in Windows XP (via VMWare Fusion) and it worked like a charm. Time consuming, but I now have a 1.1.2 jailbreaked iPhone with Installer.app on the springboard so life is good :)

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
As far as I know the only thing worth updating for is the ability to do custom ringtones again without having to modify the plist.... thats whats got me tempted right now.. I'm sick.. I'm off from work.. and I'm so tempted!

Nov 12, 2007
Windows?

How do i get this to work on windows Vista?

I cant use I Independence as this is a mac only program,
i read about Idemocracy, but the new version 2 comes out in a couple of days, does this mean that i have to wait or does the current 1.3 (or is it 1.1) version work?

Thanks in Advance

Aug 28, 2007
i have a question...

if i already have 1.1.1 but i didn't update and i installed oktoprep do i have to start from step one again or can i just update to 1.1.2 and update and do the jailbreak..

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
How do i get this to work on windows Vista?

I cant use I Independence as this is a mac only program,
i read about Idemocracy, but the new version 2 comes out in a couple of days, does this mean that i have to wait or does the current 1.3 (or is it 1.1) version work?

Thanks in Advance
If you're in Vista, I believe it should work. Just follow the Windows instructions carefuly. And also, make sure you "run as Admin". But if you're worred, I do believe iDemocracy is coming out soon, hoping to include 1.1.2. Oh and if you're unlocked, I definitely wouldn't attempt this jailbreak yet.

i have a question...

if i already have 1.1.1 but i didn't update and i installed oktoprep do i have to start from step one again or can i just update to 1.1.2 and update and do the jailbreak..
Assuming you're on Windows, you must hit shift+"update" to 1.1.2. If you hit shift+"restore" to 1.1.2, then your oktoprep will get wiped out during the process and the jailbreak will NOT work.

Hi-Phone

Jul 5, 2007
Get it here:
http://conceitedsoftware.com/iPhone/site/112jb.html

Anyone care to try it?

Note: This method seems to be for Intels only.
Ok...So i did everything the instructions told me to do.. but the problem is i did the manual 1.1.2 installation since we don't have it here in california yet. is that ok? or do i have to downgrade and start all over again and wait for iTunes to do the update? i did the jailbreak and i was on 1.1.1. but i still don't see the installer app on my phone. could it be that i manually installed the 1.1.2?

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Ok...So i did everything the instructions told me to do.. but the problem is i did the manual 1.1.2 installation since we don't have it here in california yet. is that ok? or do i have to downgrade and start all over again and wait for iTunes to do the update? i did the jailbreak and i was on 1.1.1. but i still don't see the installer app on my phone. could it be that i manually installed the 1.1.2?
Doing a manual install of 1.1.2 is fine, but you must choose shift+update, NOT shift+restore. The latter will wipe out oktoprep and jailbreak won't work.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I updated to 1.1.2. I certainly didn't need to, but as it's been awhile since I last had to restore I gave it a shot. Went smooth, didn't lose a thing (I had to reinstall apps, that was about it). Didn't even have to resync all my music and videos--everything stayed intact. The most painless jailbreak to date (YMMV).

If nothing else this minor update seems to show that, perhaps, Apple isn't trying to stop 3rd party apps and custom ringtones.

BTW: I am still running iTunes 7.3.1 and the iPhone's battery battery icon has indeed been added to iTunes. Obviously 7.5 isn't required for this feature.

BTW2: The symlink I created while in 1.1.1 to prevent iTunes from trashing my custom ringtones is still there--it survived the update.

--
Mike

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
I updated to 1.1.2. I certainly didn't need to, but as it's been awhile since I last had to restore I gave it a shot. Went smooth, didn't lose a thing (I had to reinstall apps, that was about it). Didn't even have to resync all my music and videos--everything stayed intact. The most painless jailbreak to date (YMMV).

If nothing else this minor update seems to show that, perhaps, Apple isn't trying to stop 3rd party apps and custom ringtones.

BTW: I am still running iTunes 7.3.1 and the iPhone's battery battery icon has indeed been added to iTunes. Obviously 7.5 isn't required for this feature.

BTW2: The symlink I created while in 1.1.1 to prevent iTunes from trashing my custom ringtones is still there--it survived the update.

--
Mike
Glad to see you on board Tinman! Btw, in case anyone is interested, I've edited my original post to include instructions I took to upgrade my modded but locked 1.1.1 phone.