Jailbreak software for 1.1.2 released by Dev Team

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Okay..

I have the Firmware downloaded. I have the select window open in iTunes. The folder I downloaded (the firmware) is titled "iPhone1,1_1". I am not able to select that folder. When I highlight it, the OK button is grayed out. I am able to select the dmgs inside, but I don't think I want just those. Any assistance?

- John
Mac automatically unzips it for you - either download again 'save file as'

or open the folder - select everything and choose 'compress' and make a new zip, then rename the .zip .ipsw

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Mac automatically unzips it for you - either download again 'save file as'

or open the folder - select everything and choose 'compress' and make a new zip, then rename the .zip .ipsw
Okay, I compressed everything in there. It gave the zip, named "Archive.zip'. Shall I just rename it to "Archive.ispw"?

- John

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
The exact name doesn't matter as there's a file inside that tells iTunes what it is - but it's easier to keep track that way.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Just finished it and it worked wonderfully. Thanks to everyone that contributed.

- John

Shotta876

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
When I open up installer, it gets stuck at "Refreshing Sources"

Now I have a phone that can't make calls or anything......

Black07SS

Dec 6, 2007
i sure wish they would release a jailbreak for new iPhones that come with the 112 info. i really want to add all those cool apps to my phone

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
i sure wish they would release a jailbreak for new iPhones that come with the 112 info. i really want to add all those cool apps to my phone
You can jailbreak a new 1.12 iPhone. I've done it several times.

Not sure why the "can't jailbreak OOB 1.1.2" rumor continues...

--
Mike

Black07SS

Dec 6, 2007
well that is good info to know, i hope i can find someone where i live cause i am kinda hesitant to do it. not really sure what all is involved. maybe i will have some time to read up on it this weekend but my weeks are so busy cause i work two jobs. 830am till 1030 at night

Black07SS

Dec 6, 2007
would anyone mind giving me a step by step run down for a oob 112 that i can print and follow this weekend.

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
yeah that looks like a good thread to go by looks to be written well... If you need any help just ask for it...

viperguy212

Bronze
Nov 19, 2007
upgrading to 1.1.2 doesn't rid the iPhone of all the apps and settings right?

since this is only an upgrade not a restore?

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
upgrading to 1.1.2 doesn't rid the iPhone of all the apps and settings right?

since this is only an upgrade not a restore?
If you're upgrading straight from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2, then your iPhone's settings will all be saved. Even your music and videos will remain intact. But you will have to reinstall your third party apps after jailbreaking 1.1.2. However, after installing, you'll notice that even the settings/preferences for some of these 3rd party apps will still be saved.

viperguy212

Bronze
Nov 19, 2007
well im in the process of upgrading, i got to the step where i have to run the .bat file, i run it, and then iTunes pops back up and says my iPhone needs to be restored?

is that correct?

viperguy212

Bronze
Nov 19, 2007
double post but oh well:

i think i just updated to 1.1.2 without jailbreaking it, theres no installer on my home screen or anything, damn it, does this mean i have to unlock it just as a i would an OOB phone?

edit: i found the problem, like an idiot i didn't extract all the files in the dev package, so it didn't work at all for me, so now im just doing the normal 1.1.2 unlock