Jailbreak software for 1.1.2 released by Dev Team

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
when i am updating to 1.1.2 it gives me error 1603
Are you trying to go from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2? Locked or unlocked? Try this: Restart your computer, plug in your iPhone, then hold down the power and home buttons for 30 seconds until the "Please Connect to iTunes" warning comes up, then open up iTunes and try updating again.

Hi-Phone

Jul 5, 2007
Doing a manual install of 1.1.2 is fine, but you must choose shift+update, NOT shift+restore. The latter will wipe out oktoprep and jailbreak won't work.
Gee...well i tried downgrading from the 1.1.2 to the 1.1.1 and i went through a lot of crap!:mad: if there a possible way to do it easier or can i jailbreak when im on the 1.1.2? Please! anyhelp is appreciated greatly! i want all my apps back!:oops: Thanks in waaaaaay advance

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
kindness with this question please!
I assume you have to keep holding the shift key down when updating?!
thanks

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
kindness with this question please!
I assume you have to keep holding the shift key down when updating?!
thanks
If 1.1.2 is already available on iTunes, you no longer have to do the shift+update method. Just clicking on "check for updates" will work.

However, if 1.1.2 is still not available yet for you, all you have to do is hit shift+"check for updates" so that a box pops up, allowing you to select the location of your firmware. You do NOT have to keep continuing to hold down the shift key afterwards.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
so it is ok to do the 1.1.2 update with a jailbroken 1.1.1 phone with the program from installer
Yes. Just install Oktoprep from Installer and then update to 1.1.2. Then download the jailbreak package from the Dev Team and follow the instructions. Now if you're phone is unlocked, I would make sure that it is safe to upgrade before trying.

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
This method worked for me only hitting the osx icon in the folder didn't do jack. It just said it couldnt jailbreak and needed to logout. So I clicked on jailbreak.jar ... worked like a charm. Im running leopard by the way ...

MiataLord

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Orange County, CA
ok, i installed that program from installer on my hacked iPhone 1.1.1, just updated to 1.1.2 no problems, when i click on the windows.bat file it comes up to the jailbreak screen, i push the jailbreak button and i get an error saying "cannot launch iPHUC" should i be scared? restart the phone or pc? help please:(

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
ok, i installed that program from installer on my hacked iPhone 1.1.1, just updated to 1.1.2 no problems, when i click on the windows.bat file it comes up to the jailbreak screen, i push the jailbreak button and i get an error saying "cannot launch iPHUC" should i be scared? restart the phone or pc? help please:(
I'm assuming you're on Windows? Did you install the Oktoprep app prior to updating (not restoring) to 1.1.2? Also, make sure that you have Net Frameworks 3.0 installed.

MiataLord

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Orange County, CA
i did install that app from installer (after i installed app it said you are now ready to jailbreak 1.1.2) before i updated to 1.1.2, i did everything right, i don't know what happen:(

NARF

Nov 3, 2007
i cant fin te windows.bat may any one tell where is located im using windows xp

Mrw726

Nov 13, 2007
HELP! Attention Getter? Anyways, I just updated my ipod to 1.1.2 on accident and i can't seem to beable to downgrade to 1.1.1. Every time i do it i get an error (1505) at the end. Please help!

Reptile347

Nov 13, 2007
For the "Cannot launch iPHUC!" Error.

Try unzipping the zipped Jailbreaker files directly to your C:/ drive instead of a folder. I had the same error and after I did this it worked for me.
Good Luck!