Jailbreak software for 1.1.2 released by Dev Team

hotskate

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
I updated to 1.1.2 now i lost all my mods summer board installer.app etc nowwww what?

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
ugh i updated also by accident and left my phone now i have an unmoded 1.1.2 :(
Well, you can always downgrade, but it involves a rather lengthy process. If you're up for it, just click on the link below and follow the instructions in the section entitled "The Process (1.1.2 without OktoPrep and 1.1.2 Brand New OTB)"

Note: these instructions are for Windows only.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reptile347

Nov 13, 2007
It worked, dude your a life saver, f yes lol
No Prob.

Now if someone could tell me how to fix this error in WinScp I would be happy.

WinSCP error
"Error skipping startup message. Your shell is probably incompatible with the application (BASH is recommended).
"

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
No Prob.

Now if someone could tell me how to fix this error in WinScp I would be happy.

WinSCP error
"Error skipping startup message. Your shell is probably incompatible with the application (BASH is recommended).
"
Sounds like you need to install BSD subsystem.

--
Mike

xchaldeanx1988x

Nov 12, 2007
i have a problem i forgot to prepare my iPhone.. i updated before i downloaded OktoPrep.. now im stuck at 1.1.2 and i cant downgrade no one is giving exacted details on how to downgrade.. i have a mac.. and im in need of help

edwardlotz

Jan 29, 2007
missing summerboard from Installer

This worked without issue on PC but couldn't get it to unzip on my mac.

But now installer is missing summerboard...have the themes...but no app. any thoughts?

thanks

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
i have a problem i forgot to prepare my iPhone.. i updated before i downloaded OktoPrep.. now im stuck at 1.1.2 and i cant downgrade no one is giving exacted details on how to downgrade.. i have a mac.. and im in need of help
Download the 1.1.1 firmware then option click on restore, select the firmware that you downloaded, you will get an error while it is almost finished, at this point you will need iNdependance for mac (iBricr for pc) to get past this error.

THIS MIGHT DISABLE THE PHONE ON THE iPhone (which will be fixed once you get to 1.1.2)

that should be about it, i think.

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
How do I upgrade to 1.1.2 with an UNLOCKED 1.1.1?

I only unlocked it to see if my bro's t-mobile would work...I have AT&T so I'm not worried about re-locking the phone.

Thanks in advance for the help.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
I've updated my first post to contain all the necessary steps to go from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and then jailbreak. If there's anything I am missing, let me know.

I also want to include some links on how to downgrade if you're already on 1.1.2, but so far, I haven't seen a nice step-by-step guide. There seems to be several downgrade guides floating around on MMI, but I'm not sure which one actually works. If anyone has personally downgraded successfuly from 1.1.2, can you please post a guide for either Windows or Intel Macs?

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
hi
going from 111 to112
mine seems forever stuck on the flashing dash....after the 'writing' phase of the break.
anyone else?....should I just power off and power on?!
thanks

Edit
oh you know what...in reviewing...I dint think I shifted while updating
is that it?

GolfNut

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
I updated to 1.1.2. I certainly didn't need to, but as it's been awhile since I last had to restore I gave it a shot. Went smooth, didn't lose a thing (I had to reinstall apps, that was about it). Didn't even have to resync all my music and videos--everything stayed intact. The most painless jailbreak to date (YMMV).

If nothing else this minor update seems to show that, perhaps, Apple isn't trying to stop 3rd party apps and custom ringtones.

BTW: I am still running iTunes 7.3.1 and the iPhone's battery battery icon has indeed been added to iTunes. Obviously 7.5 isn't required for this feature.

BTW2: The symlink I created while in 1.1.1 to prevent iTunes from trashing my custom ringtones is still there--it survived the update.

--
Mike

Tinman:

If I have background data for installed apps, (i.e. Lockbox data), will it get lost during a 1.1.2 upgrade?

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
If I've read this thread correctly, the only way to jailbreak 1.1.2 is to downgrade to 1.1.1?

EDIT: Never mind. I just followed the first post. This was the most flawless and painless update/jailbreak I've encountered.

Now, my question... After the jailbreak, I see installer still on my springboard. Do I have to re-install summerboard to get my themes back?

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
If I've read this thread correctly, the only way to jailbreak 1.1.2 is to downgrade to 1.1.1?
Yes, if you're already on 1.1.2, the only current solution at the moment is to downgrade back to 1.1.1, install oktoprep and upgrade back to 1.1.2.

Here's my step-by-step guide to downgrading from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 using Windows for an already activated phone. Please note that this is just a temporary solution, so that you can install the Oktoprep app and upgrade back to 1.1.2. (Big thanks to faseone for confirming that it works!). Also, this downgrade method will not work with UK phones.

Before you begin, you'll need to download the following:
Firmware 1.1.1
http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iphone/061-3883.20070927.In76t/iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw

iBrickr (for Windows only)
http://cre.ations.net/creation/ibrickr

Instructions

Step 1. Dock iPhone and plug into computer.

Step 2. Start up iTunes

Step 3. While holding down the shift key, hit restore. You'll get a prompt box. Choose the 1.1.1 firmware that you've just downloaded.

Step 4. Wait for the phone to downgrade. You will receive an error at the end and the phone will get stuck in restore mode. This is typical. Just exit iTunes.

Step 5. To get out of restore mode, start up iBrickr (if using Windows). Choose "Boot up Phone". This will kick your phone out of restore mode. After the process is finished, iTunes will start up again automatically.

Alternatively, you can get out of restore mode by using the software provided by the Dev Team. Just double-click on "windows.bat" on Windows or "jailbreak.jar" in OS X, then click the "Boot from Recovery" button.

Step 6. Activate your phone again by syncing from a previous backup. After it's done, you won't be able to make any phone calls (since the baseband has been changed), but you will be able to use wifi. Using wifi, visit jailbreakme.com to jailbreak your phone.

Step 7. After you've jailbroken 1.1.1, follow the jailbreak guide in my first post to install oktoprep and upgrade to 1.1.2:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/jailbreak-software-for-1-1-2-released-by-dev-team.14862/

Last edited by a moderator:

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007

EDIT: Never mind. I just followed the first post. This was the most flawless and painless update/jailbreak I've encountered.

Now, my question... After the jailbreak, I see installer still on my springboard. Do I have to re-install summerboard to get my themes back?
If you've updated and jailbroken correctly, all you need to do is re-install your 3rd party apps. The good thing is, your themes and most settings will already be saved.

hi
going from 111 to112
mine seems forever stuck on the flashing dash....after the 'writing' phase of the break.
anyone else?....should I just power off and power on?!
thanks

Edit
oh you know what...in reviewing...I dint think I shifted while updating
is that it?
Were you ever able to figure it out? If not, can you take a screenshot of what part you're stuck on?

GolfNut

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007

I agree, absolutely painless. I reinstalled the apps and didn't loose any data.

Thanks all.