Jailbreak Status?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Mi-Phone, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Mi-Phone

Mi-Phone Member
    Bronze

Yes I know the rules and if anyone has a problem than shoot me. Is there any status on a jailbreak for iPhone 4s on 5.1?

2. medenblik

medenblik Contributor
    Silver

I am wondering the same thing............I know there is a Tethered on for iPhone 4, but nothing for the 4S yet on 5.1

I hope it is soon

3. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

I'm kinda getting a bit fed up o9f people asking about an untethered Jailbreak for all devices. Just be patient guys. I'm running 5.1 Tethered on my 3gs. So far it's stable. I am sure that when the dev team feel that the untether is suitably ready they will release it. iOS 6 is around the corner too so they are probably waiting for that so that they can test the exploits.

4. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

There has been zero updates whatsoever.

With every firmware update the jailbreaks take longer to be released. I might go out and buy an Android phone so I can root/jailbreak something...

5. snowtrooper1966

Gold

:ROFLMAO:

Should make u watch the Samsung Galaxy commercial a few hundred times for saying that!

I could have sworn the dev team showed a screenie of a JB'd A5 device the day 5.1 was released.
    Not too worried tho, nothing earth shattering was released w/the new iOS update that made me feel the need.
    Sux for folks that have new A5 devices with 5.1 installed by default, but IIRC
    I had to wait 5 months for Absinthe on my 4S.

Dunno why folks ask this all the time, AFAIK, nobody that deep inside here.
    When it's imminent, everyone will know. It's all we'll talk about for a few weeks.

6. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

What sucks is that it seems 5.1 really does help battery life on the 4S. My battery life is terrible and really want to update but don't want to lose the jb (just yet). But I am getting close to throwing the towel in this time.

Michael

7. fearofnormalcy

fearofnormalcy Evangelist
    Gold

I don't know, my buddy just bought a 4S with 5.1 and his battery life really doesn't seem that much better than mine (JB'ed on 5.0.1).....

8. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Not for the 4S

9. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

My girlfriend with a virgin 4S gets about twice my battery life. It's sickening. lol

Michael

10. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

This is the first time since the jailbreak first came out that I am anxiously awaiting its arrival. I am heading to Israel in June and really need to unlock my 5.1 4S by then.

11. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

Just get a gevey SIM now. They are only like $20 and you don't need to jailbreak a 4S on 5.1.

Michael

12. flightmedic

flightmedic Member
    Bronze

I'm with ya on that. I was going to upgrade to 5.1 then realized I really didn't want to be without the JB.

FWIW, they were on Twitter saying that they had all the exploits but were putting it together. They said could be a month, could be two months.

Jim

13. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

Really - can you explain how this works? Everything I am reading says the phone needs to be jailbroken for the Gevey Sim to work. And I cannot seem to find an official page for Gevey?

EDIT: Ah nvm I think I found it

14. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

LOL.... good luck with it!

Michael

15. 19birel

19birel New Member

16. fearofnormalcy

fearofnormalcy Evangelist
    Gold

I have never heard of this "iDevTeam"....I'm dubious to say the least. Note the lack of actual jailbreak software on the site...

If they're trying to pass themselves off as the iPhone Dev Team, they're not doing a very good job.

Here's the official iPhone Dev Team (comex, Musclenerd et al.) blog (note: no A5 JB status update):
    http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

...and a few others to follow:

Chronic Dev Team: greenpois0n.com/
    pod2g: http://pod2g-ios.blogspot.com/ (Note how this "iDevTeam" ripped off his poll.....)

People to follow on Twitter: @comex, @MuscleNerd, @chpwn, @p0sixninja, @0ptimo, @westbaer, @pod2g

#16 fearofnormalcy, May 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
  17. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

I don't trust "iDev" either.

Meanwhile...

MuscleNerd just said "Upcoming redsn0w supports restoring, including iPad2/3 and 4S downgrades (with blobs) http://twitpic.com/9ixsqv ..also stitches on the fly."

Whoa! YAY!

79407.png

Michael

18. cliffeman

cliffeman Zealot
    Gold

19. 19birel

19birel New Member

Has this been made available to the public yet?

20. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator