Jailbreak Status?

snowtrooper1966

Genius
Gold
Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Ouch....
I know your sort of joking,
From my experience, no one here is as quick to jump in and help, or share their real world application of what's out there on the 'net than Mindi.
She has been an invaluable resource to me. The enjoyment of my iDevice(s) would be considerably diminished without her contributions.....

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Ouch....
From my experience, no one here is as quick to jump in and help, or share their real world application of what's out there on the 'net than Mindi.
She has been an invaluable resource to me. The enjoyment of my iDevice(s) would be considerably diminished without her contributions.....
I agree :)

Reactions: snowtrooper1966

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
Ouch....
I'll second that!

Sent from my Lady Sara's iPhone using iCafe app

Reactions: snowtrooper1966

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
frack yes can't wait to jailbreak my iPad 3 gen
I was about to post a "me too!"

But as I think about it, I am not sure I know why I want to jb my iPad 3 so much. I'm down to a handful of must-have jb apps, and almost all of them are phone-related (BiteSMS, iBlacklist). I like SBSettings but lately mostly use it to either close apps to free memory--without removing them from the switcher--and to reboot the device (again to free memory). I do that on my iPhone 4S and iPad 1. With the iPad 3's extra RAM I don't find myself getting into memory-related slow-downs as much.

What are you planning to do with the jb for the iPad 3?

Michael

Reactions: Europa

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008

But as I think about it, I am not sure I know why I want to jb my iPad 3 so much. I'm down to a handful of must-have jb apps, and almost all of them are phone-related (BiteSMS, iBlacklist). I like SBSettings but lately mostly use it to either close apps to free memory--without removing them from the switcher--and to reboot the device (again to free memory). I do that on my iPhone 4S and iPad 1. With the iPad 3's extra RAM I don't find myself getting into memory-related slow-downs as much.

Michael
Simple. Install SBSettings ;)

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Simple. Install SBSettings ;)
To do what?

By the way.... when I post something like this there is usually an announcement regarding a jailbreak tweak or app that is simply mind-blowing and greatly needed. If that happens I expect a thanks, as I think I am causing it. :D

Michael

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Having fully functioning toggles accessible from anywhere is something that I really like and miss.

With regards to the rest of your post (in a non-rude response), I don't have a clue if you're being sarcastic or funny...

Buc0727

Bronze
Mar 13, 2012
Texas

I am going to put sbsettings ,iconoclasm,bitesms n much more I am waiting like a kid for Christmas

Michael

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah

Michael
I agree. I just went through my entire list of Cydia apps and tweaks (more than twenty) and nearly all of them wouldn't be necessary on my iPad since I use it for fewer things than I use on my phone (mostly just movies, using it as an Air Video-Air Play middleman and browsing). So I really don't have any desire to jailbreak my iPad.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Having fully functioning toggles accessible from anywhere is something that I really like and miss.
What is there to really toggle on a Wifi-only iPad though? I don't use bluetooth much with it at all, and wifi is on all of the time. I rarely change brightness but that is in the switcher anyway.

With regards to the rest of your post (in a non-rude response), I don't have a clue if you're being sarcastic or funny...
Both, but with a tinge of seriousness. It seems anytime I say I don't need to jailbreak there is an app or tweak that comes out that causes me to rethink it.

Michael

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
What is there to really toggle on a Wifi-only iPad though? I don't use bluetooth much with it at all, and wifi is on all of the time. I rarely change brightness but that is in the switcher anyway.

Both, but with a tinge of seriousness. It seems anytime I say I don't need to jailbreak there is an app or tweak that comes out that causes me to rethink it.

Michael
Ah, I have the wifi & 4G iPad. I do change my brightness quite a lot and I do tend to use Airplane mode often as well. When I install MyWi I can quickly turn it on via a toggle, rather than opening the app etc. I suppose it's just convenience for me.

I deeply thought about not jailbreaking, but, all the things I imagine that will be designed for this new beautiful piece of technology would definitely win me over.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007

Michael
Isn't there a multi window app for iPad ? imagine running two or more apps at a time in small windows on the screen! I'd JB my iPad for that!