jailbreak trouble

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

pierce the veil

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
ok so i put all the files i need (iPhone restore files, jailbreak, iPhone interface, iTunesmobiledevice.dll) and when i start jailbreak, it says to hold power and home for 25s until it says please connect to iTunes. i did that and my iPhone says please connect to iTunes, but nothing else is happening. does anyone know what i could do? and also im using windows.

Ldc4S

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
Dallas, Tx
I tried the same thing, and from what I'm hearing is that if you have the latest update on your iPhone jailbreak will not recognize your phone.

unknownentry

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Knoxville, TN
www.iphonesurge.com
RESTART your computer...

1) Run iTunes and sync your iPhone.
2) After syncing, close iTunes and Ctrl+Alt+Del
3) Go to processes and end iTunesHelper
4) Go to run -- > cmd (Command Prompt)
5) type cd then the directory where your phonedmg folder is.
EX: mine looks like this...cd documents/iPhone/phonedmg
6) type jailbreak
7) follow instructions that jailbreak gives you.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any other help.

unknownentry

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Knoxville, TN
www.iphonesurge.com
When modding in Windows (Jailbreaking/iPhoneInterface/iPhoneBrowser/ManzanaUI) I have noticed that you have to restart a lot and make sure that iTuneHelper IS NOT running in the background. Please try a restart if stuff doesn't work.

TIP: A RESTART FIXES 85% OF THE PROBLEM IN WINDOWS!

I have always heard that in all my computer/networking classes. So just try it before posting.

Jul 17, 2007
I installed and my phone wasn't acting right. Battery was dying real qwik. matter of hours and wouldn't charge correctly. Signal strength was also poor. I restored and my phone was back to normal. dunno what went wrong. I had managed to get my ringtones I worked so hard on to loop up right and all on the phone too.

pierce the veil

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
still no luck =(
tried all the advice and it still does nothing when i get to the please connect to iTunes. anyone else get this and solved it?

unknownentry

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Knoxville, TN
www.iphonesurge.com
still no luck =(
tried all the advice and it still does nothing when i get to the please connect to iTunes. anyone else get this and solved it?
1) Connect iPhone to computer via dock/USB sync cable.
2) Download/Update iPhone using iTunes.
3) Hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and then go to processes and "End" iTunesHelper.
4) Go to "Start, Run, cmd"
5) In the command prompt go to the "phonedmg directory"
6) type Jailbreak
7) Follow the instructions on the screen.

Attachments

pierce the veil

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
ive ended iTuneshelper.exe and iTunes.exe every time and it doesn't help. still not doing anything after i get my iPhone to say please connect to iTunes.

pierce the veil

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
yay i got it to worK!
i decided to try closing jailbreak when the phone said connect to iTunes, then i opened jailbreak again and then it worked.

thanks for all the help! :laugh2:

Aug 14, 2007
You shouldn't have to do that, but if it works, then keep doing it...
yes im having the same problems as above im running vista home prem, i don't know whats going on, followed all instructions and everything, im trying to do my 2nd iPhone and the first went fine on the old firmware, i even tried deleting all of the files and starting over but thats a no go to

it gets to sending more files..........
booting iPhone then stops

and nothing happens

Aug 14, 2007
There is something different that you have to do when modding 2 iPhone. There is a thread here somewhere about modding 2 iPhones. PM scrowner, I know he has modded 2 iPhones...He will be able to help.
thats what i said i deleted all files and directorys and started fresh, and still isn't working but ill look around and see if i can find the thread

Aug 14, 2007
thats what i said i deleted all files and directorys and started fresh, and still isn't working but ill look around and see if i can find the thread
ok figured it out, didn't realize that u had to have the update zip in the phonedmg file as well i got it now, do u have to put the new update zip in there for each new one?