Jailbreak troubles

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
I was forced to restore, and rejailbreak using Zip 3.0. Now nothing works. I can't get any of the themes to show up. I installed Smb Fix, but nothing. I can't SSH through Terminal.

I wanted to use Pwnage this time, but can't figure out how it works.

I guess I'll just have to wait until 2.0 is released.

ChArLiE713

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
I just hade tha smae problem. All I did was hold the home and sleep button until the Apple logo showed up and wait it for it to start.

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
I just hade tha smae problem. All I did was hold the home and sleep button until the Apple logo showed up and wait it for it to start.
I finally got most of it to work. I still don't have Mail. I'm tired of this and am thinking about abandoning this jailbreak businesss altogether. It's a great deal of trouble re-instating everything.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Did you restore from a backup or as a new iPhone?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
That could be the source of a lot of your headaches (if not all of them). You need to restore one more time to 1.1.4, set it up as a NEW PHONE (you will lose all your contacts/calendar/favorites/EVERYTHING... so sync up what you can with an external program like Outlook/Address Book/iCal, etc. first BEFORE you restore)

You can then resync your data from the external programs, load up your media again, then use the latest version of ZiPhone and you should be good to go with much fewer headaches. Do it this way and your phone should be indistinguishable from a stock phone (until you jailbreak it again, that is! :cool:)

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I was forced to restore, and rejailbreak using Zip 3.0. Now nothing works. I can't get any of the themes to show up. I installed Smb Fix, but nothing. I can't SSH through Terminal.

I wanted to use Pwnage this time, but can't figure out how it works.

I guess I'll just have to wait until 2.0 is released.
Pwnage is really simple. Go to the dev team wiki and follow the pwnage instructions word for word. It works like a charm.