Jailbreak/Unlock a brand new 1.1.1 iPhone without using a computer! The FINAL guide

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Hahaha now I'm really tempted to do that. I wonder if they could prosecute you for that...LOL you should download customize and change the carrier logo to T-Mobile, they won't know the difference.

Someone has to use AppSnapp on one of the demo units at the stores. That would be so funny. :)

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
After using this method to unlock the iPhone, what is the appropriate way of reverting back to a LOCKED iPhone? Of course, doing this without bricking the iPhone would be the best!

Thanks in advance for any help!
That would be done with a program called oneSIM. Never used it myself.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
i have locked iPhone but i live in cyprus and there is no AT&T coverage! Can i use this method anywhere in the world?

Yes. The sim unlock is worldwide and works with any GSM mobile operator (aka any network that uses a sim card)

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
thank you for answering Stevonw
why iPhone is ringing in this method? do i need AT&T sim card for this method?
Nope, you shouldn't need the AT&T sim card for this or any method avalible now :laugh2:

Not sure why it rings, perhaps it's a glitch that has been exploited ;)

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
awesome guide... Wondering if it will work for my phone since I have a jailbroken 1.0.2 iPhone just apps no unlock since I have att anyway... Is there anything specific to an out of box brand new 1.1.1 phone that it wouldn't work if I did a clean install of 1.1.1 then tried this method.... Has anyone tried on a fresh reinstall of 1.1.1 on a non new phone?

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
awesome guide... Wondering if it will work for my phone since I have a jailbroken 1.0.2 iPhone just apps no unlock since I have att anyway... Is there anything specific to an out of box brand new 1.1.1 phone that it wouldn't work if I did a clean install of 1.1.1 then tried this method.... Has anyone tried on a fresh reinstall of 1.1.1 on a non new phone?

Should work without any extra steps if you have not previously unlocked. :laugh2:

mach1mustang_101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
i followed all steps and got anysim on my iPhone. but when i click it and run it after "copying firmware" it stops and says to restart and it cant unlock this phone. what do i do to fix this?

i bought the iPhone when it first came out so i think it was version 1.00? then i upgraded to 1.02 then upgraded to 1.1.1. never did any jailbreaking or unlocking until version 1.1.1

also if this helps my phone has the original sim in it but the phone is not activated so its a ipod touch. it was activated then unactivated because i switched phones.

BullyBoy

Nov 1, 2007
i followed all steps and got anysim on my iPhone. but when i click it and run it after "copying firmware" it stops and says to restart and it cant unlock this phone. what do i do to fix this?
I am getting the same message. Specifically the message is "anySIM cannot unlock this phone. anySIM will now quit..."

I previously have unlocked this phone using the method on http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/unlock-a-new-1-1-1-iphone-in-5-minutes-on-windows.13611/. However, just the other day I tried installing an application which effectively froze my phone. I restored the phone (through iTunes), and then followed the instructions in this post. I have tried multiple times, and have also tried the original method (link above) multiple times, but I can never get anySIM to unlock the phone.

It's weird that I could unlock the phone using the same method in the past, but not now... Any advice would be appreciated. Am I re-virginizing the iPhone correctly (with iTunes)?

My phone is 1.1.1 (3A109a), firware 04.01.13_G.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I am getting the same message. Specifically the message is "anySIM cannot unlock this phone. anySIM will now quit..."

I previously have unlocked this phone using the method on http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/unlock-a-new-1-1-1-iphone-in-5-minutes-on-windows.13611/. However, just the other day I tried installing an application which effectively froze my phone. I restored the phone (through iTunes), and then followed the instructions in this post. I have tried multiple times, and have also tried the original method (link above) multiple times, but I can never get anySIM to unlock the phone.

It's weird that I could unlock the phone using the same method in the past, but not now... Any advice would be appreciated. Am I re-virginizing the iPhone correctly (with iTunes)?

My phone is 1.1.1 (3A109a), firware 04.01.13_G.
No an iTunes restore will not virginize your baseband :mad:

You must do it manually in terminal or command prompt!

Last edited by a moderator:

BullyBoy

Nov 1, 2007
No an iTunes restore will not virginize your baseband :mad:

You must do it manually in terminal or command prompt!
Thanks for the info Stevonw!

I've done some searching and I can find plenty of virginize tutorials. However, I am still unsure whether this will work on my 1.1.1 iPhone. Can I use the instructions on http://www.iPhonegoboom.com/faq/faq.html#restore (for example) to virginize my iPhone to 1.0.2 and then upgrade to 1.1.1, and then use wildonrio's guide to unlock my iPhone?

I guess I'll give it a try anyway and find out...

Gangsterish

Sep 25, 2007
help with WinSCP

i have my new iPhone all set activated, jailbrake, and unlocked {-_-} when i tap on the YouTube icon on the phone it states:

"You must first connect to iTunes with an internet connection to enable Youtube.

So it seems broken like the post stated. When i open WinSCP and put in the IP address as the host name, root as user name, and alpine as password, i get an error message:

"Network error: Connection refused"

i can use safari, and google maps so i am stuck, please help a noob...

whiteaudi

Oct 30, 2007
works great.

so far I only unlock the iPhone with simfree.
I still have no idea how to use youtube, itune.
I have connected my iPhone with my computer and It only shows if I connected scanner not iPhone.

any thing I need to do to connect itune?

thanks.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
so far I only unlock the iPhone with simfree.
I still have no idea how to use youtube, itune.
I have connected my iPhone with my computer and It only shows if I connected scanner not iPhone.

any thing I need to do to connect itune?

thanks.
With Windoze, you need to replace the Youtube files manually. :laugh2:

mach1mustang_101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
so what should i do? revirinize my iPhone or restore or what should i do? i have the original AT&T sim in it but its not activated. i can use everything but the phone part.