Jailbreak/Unlock a brand new 1.1.1 iPhone without using a computer! The FINAL guide

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I have no problems doing this at an ATT or Apple store but would I face some sort of charges? I would assume no because there are specific instructions NOT to sell the display phones so if there is no intent for monetary gain there would be no infraction. Correct?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I have no problems doing this at an ATT or Apple store but would I face some sort of charges? I would assume no because there are specific instructions NOT to sell the display phones so if there is no intent for monetary gain there would be no infraction. Correct?
I jailbroke one of the display models today and took a picture, but I chickened out on unlocking it. I'll post the picture once I get off my iPhone.

amiroo79

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Southern California
Stuck at appsnapp (someone please help!)

I was able to get to the appsnapp from www.jailbreak.com and "installed" it and it went back to the "Activate iPhone" screen. I slided to emergency call pad but no call came in. No restart. Nothing.:confused:

I've done this several times now for a couple hours. I bought my iPhone today (11-02-07) and I believe it came with version 1.1.1 as the serial number indicated it was a week 41 shipment.

ANY IDEAS? Your advice is GREATLY appreciated.:oops:

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I was able to get to the appsnapp from www.jailbreak.com and "installed" it and it went back to the "Activate iPhone" screen. I slided to emergency call pad but no call came in. No restart. Nothing.:confused:

I've done this several times now for a couple hours. I bought my iPhone today (11-02-07) and I believe it came with version 1.1.1 as the serial number indicated it was a week 41 shipment.

ANY IDEAS? Your advice is GREATLY appreciated.:oops:
Keep trying on a different WiFi network. And I take it you went to jailbreakme.com and not jailbreak.com like you said you did...

amiroo79

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Southern California
Keep trying on a different WiFi network. And I take it you went to jailbreakme.com and not jailbreak.com like you said you did...
Thanks for the quick reply... Right. I went to jailbreakme.com. Here's what I've done:

I went to a different WiFi network as you said, I retried and this time got the call back from "1", I answered and nothing happened, no freeze. So, I ended call. Then I restarted. It starts at the "Activate iPhone" screen... so, now I go to jailbreakme.com and select the appsnapp and it takes me to another URL (which I think is correct) http://conceitedsoftware.com/...
and the top of the safari browser shows it is trying to load it but the bar is only about 3% of the way complete. Seems like it is hung up in this position... I've tried multiple times and same thing...
Any idea? If you're online, maybe we can chat in real time? let me know.

Frosty

Jun 6, 2007
I have a problem now also..

I have an unlocked v1.1.1 (week41) I have done a couple of restores and now after another couple of days just did another one (restore via iTunes) now when using this threads method I don't get an activated iPhone after loading appsnapp application..

Any ideas on where to go from here - I have tried process a few times now and still wont activate! Help..

Tks

Frosty

omegaone

Nov 5, 2007
I followed the instructions up to the point of installing "AppSnapp". It then took me back to black screen with the Apple logo and just stayed there. No call. I can't unlock the phone. Just get the Apple logo.

So I tried restarting the phone (pressing the main button and the power button for 6 seconds until the Apple logo appears once more). This powered off and powered on, but when it reboots it just shows the Apple logo. It also vibrates twice after about a minute, goes "bleep" after another minute, then forces itself to reboot again. Occasionally I see a spinning icon in front of the Apple logo. It continues this process ad infinitum.

So to my mind it looks like AppSnapp is running on restart and something isn't agreeing with the iPhone. The current restart process doesn't seem to be fixing it as the AppSnapp program is still present. What I really need to try is a cold boot where I start from scratch with the original ROM and no extra apps installed. Is there such a thing? Failing that - is there any way of getting my iPhone out of this looping boot of death?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I followed the instructions up to the point of installing "AppSnapp". It then took me back to black screen with the Apple logo and just stayed there. No call. I can't unlock the phone. Just get the Apple logo.

So I tried restarting the phone (pressing the main button and the power button for 6 seconds until the Apple logo appears once more). This powered off and powered on, but when it reboots it just shows the Apple logo. It also vibrates twice after about a minute, goes "bleep" after another minute, then forces itself to reboot again. Occasionally I see a spinning icon in front of the Apple logo. It continues this process ad infinitum.

So to my mind it looks like AppSnapp is running on restart and something isn't agreeing with the iPhone. The current restart process doesn't seem to be fixing it as the AppSnapp program is still present. What I really need to try is a cold boot where I start from scratch with the original ROM and no extra apps installed. Is there such a thing? Failing that - is there any way of getting my iPhone out of this looping boot of death?
Restore it in iTunes. Hold Sleep+Home for 10 second then let go of sleep and keep holding Home until iTunes tells you you need to restore. Then restore it to version 1.1.1 and retry jailbreakme.com, or try my older guide here.

omegaone

Nov 5, 2007
Brilliant! I thought I'd bricked my iPhone as I couldn't get it to connect to iTunes to restore, but holding down the home button as it rebooted did the trick. It's now back and working. Thanks!

andrew79

Bronze
Aug 27, 2007
If I would to bypass activation using this method would I still be able to activate like normal if I would to restore the iPhone ? I'm planning to use another AT&T account till the end of the month before switching over to a new iPhone account.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
If I would to bypass activation using this method would I still be able to activate like normal if I would to restore the iPhone ? I'm planning to use another AT&T account till the end of the month before switching over to a new iPhone account.
You can use any SIM card once you unlock it, including your AT&T one. The only reason you would want to relock the phone would be if you were taking it back to the AT&T store or having them look at it for some reason and want to hide the fact that you unlocked it. In that case, you would download the program OneSIM from Installer and run that. It would completely revirginize the phone. So basically you can switch back and forth between AnySIM to unlock the phone and OneSIM to relock it, over and over. Restoring does nothing to relock the phone, just so you know. Your phone will forever remain unlocked until you run OneSIM, and then forever locked until you run AnySIM.

andrew79

Bronze
Aug 27, 2007
You can use any SIM card once you unlock it, including your AT&T one. The only reason you would want to relock the phone would be if you were taking it back to the AT&T store or having them look at it for some reason and want to hide the fact that you unlocked it. In that case, you would download the program OneSIM from Installer and run that. It would completely revirginize the phone. So basically you can switch back and forth between AnySIM to unlock the phone and OneSIM to relock it, over and over. Restoring does nothing to relock the phone, just so you know. Your phone will forever remain unlocked until you run OneSIM, and then forever locked until you run AnySIM.
Even if I didn't unlock it ? I only followed your steps till it Jailbreaking it. I figure I don't need to have to unlock the phone since I'm on AT&T .

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Unlocking your phone:

Press Installer, update it, and then go back in. Go to the Sources tab on the bottom, press edit, then add. As the new source, type in "http://i.unlock.no". Say OK, then press Refresh at the top.
14. Go to the Install tab, then All Packages, and then find and install Community Sources, followed by BSD Subsystem, Open SSH, and finally anySIM 1.1.
15. Exit Installer and run anySIM 1.1. It will warn you that you need to put in your new SIM, but this isn't true. Just leave in the AT&T SIM that came with your phone. Now Slide to Unlock, press the big red button, and wait about 5 minutes for it to finish.
16. Your phone is now activated, jailbroken, and unlocked! Stick in your new SIM and check it out! There's one small problem though - your YouTube is broken.

Fixing YouTube:

17. To fix YouTube, simply install YouTube Activation from Installer.
18. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time, change Set Automatically to off, and make sure the date is right. If it's wrong, make it right.
19. Go make sure YouTube is working.

There you go! How long did that take you? It took me about 10 minutes.
It only took me a couple of minutes, the installer button was there. The only thing is there is no Community Sources on my list in All Packages?

cascrapsky

Nov 6, 2007
After successfuly Jailbraking and Unlocking, i am getting "No Service" in the carier icon, i cant make calls.
i can see my number in contacts.
Anyone know how to fix this?
I'm on T-Mobile US.
I tried resetting the network and ran the AnySIM 1.1 twice after that and nothing changed.
i also ran "onesim" and then "anysim" but still no luck.
help please :(

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
It only took me a couple of minutes, the installer button was there. The only thing is there is no Community Sources on my list in All Packages?
The newest AppSnapp preinstalls Community Sources so yeah, they're already installed for you. I just changed the OP so others don't get confused with this...

llamano

Nov 9, 2007
Thanks for the quick reply... Right. I went to jailbreakme.com. Here's what I've done:

I went to a different WiFi network as you said, I retried and this time got the call back from "1", I answered and nothing happened, no freeze. So, I ended call. Then I restarted. It starts at the "Activate iPhone" screen... so, now I go to jailbreakme.com and select the appsnapp and it takes me to another URL (which I think is correct) http://conceitedsoftware.com/...
and the top of the safari browser shows it is trying to load it but the bar is only about 3% of the way complete. Seems like it is hung up in this position... I've tried multiple times and same thing...
Any idea? If you're online, maybe we can chat in real time? let me know.
I have an extremely similar problem. I have tried to input the jailbreakme URL about 50 times, it will take me to the site, go to activation screen after clicking to install appsnap, and not restart or do absolutely anything (I've waited over 10min for it to restart). If I restart it myself it just goes back to the activation screen.
I have found that I continually must reset all settings after an unsuccessful attempt, or it simply wont reconnect to the same wifi network, saying 'server not found.' I have tried this on four different routers, so it's definitely not the router, and have even done a full restore to 1.1.1 and had zero difference.
This method just genuinely does not seem to work, and I paid $60 for the simfree app that I can't even get on my phone! This is all very frusterating let me assure you, any help here would be greatly appreciated. Bought the phone from Seattle on Nov. 6.
Please help anybody?
Thank You

Bill Gates

Bronze
Oct 24, 2007
say i go to the store today. do i have a good chance of getting 1.1.1? or not? and once you find out how to unlock 1.1.2 can u redo this post. thanks

Bill Gates

Bronze
Oct 24, 2007
since 1.1.2 is out do you mine redoing this post since ill be buying it wednesday and it will probably have 1.1.2. this is the easiest post i have seen online and i would love for you to stay connected with it and update it now since the new update has been jailbroken now.
THANKS IN ADVANCED.

SOMEONE SHOULD STICKY THIS THREAD