JailBreak = void warranty? Reversible?

kevinz

Aug 2, 2009
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of Jailbreaking my 3GS but I'm concerned about voiding the warranty. I was told that you can do a system restore on the iPhone and it will reverse the Jailbreaking thus bringing back the warranty. Is that true? I also talked to an Apple rep and he said no matter what you do they can find out that you have jailbroken the phone.

Who should I believe?

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
It's true. You can restore the iPhone to stock condition using iTunes. I did that to my 3G before exchanging it in June and had no problems with Apple. I think the Apple rep was just trying to put a scare into you.

krypto

Bronze
Feb 18, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I've replaced two 3G's at the Apple store that were previously jailbroken and then restored to stock. They can't tell the difference.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Ive also had 2 3GS' and several 3G iPhones, whenever it has been taken to a genius they haven't noticed anything. Apple probably could tell, if they did extensive tests etc, but if you restore and have a genuine fault, they wont go into great detail

ipwn3gs

Bronze
Jul 12, 2009
don't cry wolf and ull be okay
Apple just don't want people getting free app and att doeznt want tmobile geeting th monthly charge
most major updates like 2.2.0 and 2.2.1 and 3.0 overwites the bandbase completly so ... go for it i say

kevinz

Aug 2, 2009
Alrighty thanks guys!

Can anyone point me to a step by step guide on how to Jailbreak the 3GS? I have the latest 3.0.1. ware

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Alrighty thanks guys!

Can anyone point me to a step by step guide on how to Jailbreak the 3GS? I have the latest 3.0.1. ware
This should help:

http://www.quickpwn.com/2009/08/jailbreak-iphone-301.html

Basically, download redsn0w and the 3.0 firmware if you don't already have a copy. If you have the 3.0.1 firmware on your iPhone, run redsn0w. Select the 3.0 firmware and continue. This process will take a few minutes. That's it! Under Setting/General/About you should still see 3.0.1 listed as the current firmware.

Good luck!

kevinz

Aug 2, 2009
so after jailbreaking all the games and apps are free? how do you get them?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
There are many free apps available in Cydia, but if you are referring to cracked app store apps, discussing that is forbidden here.

kevinz

Aug 2, 2009
is this where you find all the apps?

Last edited by a moderator:

cdc515

Bronze
Jun 10, 2009
In regards to your question about everything being free, it is possible to get all apps from the app store, cydia store and cydia for free but this is not allowed to be discussed here.

These apps are referred to as cracked apps which are illegal. if you are looking to do this anyways i suggest going to the following webpages where it is okay to discuss these things

<links removed>

remember if this helped you thank me

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
In regards to your question about everything being free, it is possible to get all apps from the app store, cydia store and cydia for free but this is not allowed to be discussed here.

These apps are referred to as cracked apps which are illegal. if you are looking to do this anyways i suggest going to the following webpages where it is okay to discuss these things

<links removed>

remember if this helped you thank me
You can't be this stupid. We don't post links to cracked apps, either. Reported.

cdc515

Bronze
Jun 10, 2009
You can't be this stupid. We don't post links to cracked apps, either. Reported.
I wasn't posting links to cracked apps i was posting links to other forums where they can talk about it there.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
You still shouldn't post links to forums that discuss cracked apps. That's still encouraging cracked apps, even if you didn't intend to.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Linking to cracked apps or forums discussing cracked apps is strictly prohibited.

Thanks for your understanding.

ipwn3gs

Bronze
Jul 12, 2009
you shouldnt ripe of the developers!

just gonna warn you, don't use installous since google and youtube leads to that mostly, the servers are taken over ( mostly likely by Apple ) so... yeah.

again, don't use stuff that breaks copy write.

cydia doesn't have games really so if you looking for that... tough luck.
but there is millions of themes, small useful apps and such.

good luck! and happy happy iPhone :)