jailbreak windows.bat won't work

djf1530

Dec 4, 2007
I have a new oob phone.
I downgraded to 1.1.1, then i install opk program, used ibrickr, and then updated back to 1.1.2 like the forum said.

The last step is use jailbreak windows.bat file.

I unziped the windows.bat to c: drive. I launched it, the black prompt box starts and then the java box pops up. I have left in alpine as password, and i push "the magic button"

just get an error saying i need to connect my device?

My phone is connected and iTunes is closed.
Can somone give me a hand, thanks.

OH yeah. if you couldn't tell, :laugh2:i am a Noob

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
try unpluggin the phone and pluggin back in you have done everything right then hit jailbreak should work if not start all over and try it

Donm

Dec 5, 2007
I tried to find it but everything just runs me around in circles with no clear cut link to downloading the file. Everything says run windows.bat but nothing says "here it is - click"

Thanks

from conceitesoftware just google them

djf1530

Dec 4, 2007
hi guys, thanks for replying

Yep that concieted link is where i got the jailbreak software.

WHen i unzip it the guides say double click on windows.bat if you use a PC.

I also found a guide on another forum that said i should move the .bat file to the c: drive.

I did that, its always the same. It launches the Java application to jail break. I push magic button, and then::

" PLease connect device....!"

this totaly sucks!

djf1530

Dec 4, 2007
Give it up to icreep and hawk. for helping me fix

Finally After Two Long Nights!

"jailbroken"
Just want to let everyone know how to fix this windows.bat problem on a PC in windows XP Pro.

After you follow all the guide steps, just before you open Jailbreak software,
First Shutdown iTunes. Then Cancel in task manager: iTunes helper, and ipod.exe. (basicly if it has to do with iTunes or ipod or Apple cancel it too)

Undock iPhone.

Next make sure you UNzip the Jailbreak software to its own folder. ( i would put it on the destop)

Then open your new folder.

Connect your iPhone. and right away double click Windows.bat (it will launch the Java application (jailbreak)

Quickly, check ssh and push the magic button. (i noticed the faster you do this the more likely you will have success on the first try, because when you connect the phone windows communicates with iPhone, hence the chirp and after a few seconds the communication is ended)

a box should pop telling you connecting, flash etc. and the black windows.bat box should start a sequence.

Wait for the restarts and DOne!

Dec 25, 2007
Just want to let everyone know how to fix this windows.bat problem on a PC in windows XP Pro.

After you follow all the guide steps, just before you open Jailbreak software,
First Shutdown iTunes. Then Cancel in task manager: iTunes helper, and ipod.exe. (basicly if it has to do with iTunes or ipod or Apple cancel it too)

Undock iPhone.

Next make sure you UNzip the Jailbreak software to its own folder. ( i would put it on the destop)

Then open your new folder.

Connect your iPhone. and right away double click Windows.bat (it will launch the Java application (jailbreak)

Quickly, check ssh and push the magic button. (i noticed the faster you do this the more likely you will have success on the first try, because when you connect the phone windows communicates with iPhone, hence the chirp and after a few seconds the communication is ended)

a box should pop telling you connecting, flash etc. and the black windows.bat box should start a sequence.

Wait for the restarts and DOne!
thank you so much! i couldn't figure out what was wrong and this helped me so much! thank you!