jailbreaking 3.0 on a PC

Dec 17, 2008
okay, so the dev team released ultrasnow today, which is of course the unlock, but it's a mac file, is there a way to jailbreak 3.0 (not unlock) on a pc yet? I'm really eager, haha

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
If you eager to jailbreak then use a mac. It's only out for mac at present. It shouldn't be too long until they push the PC version out

mramay

Bronze
Apr 24, 2009
Las Vegas!
Will this be a QuickPWN file or a YellowSn0w file for the PC's?

So many file names, so few functional brain cells.....

JazzyJeff

Jun 19, 2009
Just switched to 3GS after 8-years on Win Mobile. Loving it. Miss the Today Screen. Understand I need to jailbreak and install Intelliscreen.

What is the downside to jailbreaking? Will it invalidate the warranty, etc?

mramay

Bronze
Apr 24, 2009
Las Vegas!
My 3G is my first foray into the dark side after MANY years of Smartphones. It does many things better, some not as good. Overall, I like the 3G. Jailbreak lets you add lots of applications on the iPhone that aren't available from the App Store. I'm driving from Vegas to a little town south of Tucson tomorrow and want my xGPS back (voice turn-by-turn). It's better than the Google Maps in that respect.

That said, if you walk into a store to get your phone worked on, a jailbroke phone will get them excited, and no warranty. iTunes "restore" puts the phone back to stock and they will take care of your problem.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
Just switched to 3GS after 8-years on Win Mobile. Loving it. Miss the Today Screen. Understand I need to jailbreak and install Intelliscreen.

What is the downside to jailbreaking? Will it invalidate the warranty, etc?
First of all welcome to the iPhone world. Jailbreaking will void your warranty if Apple somehow finds out it was installed. If u ever have a problem and feel the need to take it to Apple, just make sure u restore back to stock. The only downside I find against jailbreaking is the lag of booting up and opening of apps. Sometimes what takes a second to open up can take about 3-5 when jailbroken. But you'll enjoy all the features of what's included in Cydia. Enjoy!