Jailbreaking 3.0...

ashwini

Bronze
Jun 2, 2009
India
www.ashwini.co.in
I have never jailbroken my iPhone. But now I am seriously thinking about it. After I redsn0w my 3G, how do I install apps? Does app store still work? Or do I need to use cydia store only. Are apps free in the cydia store? or do I still need to pay for them? I know there are app compatibility issues with the 3.0 firmware... but I guess the developers will soon update them.

ashwini

Bronze
Jun 2, 2009
India
www.ashwini.co.in
One more thing... What are the things that I wont be able to do after jailbreaking? I know I cant update unless the Dev Team releases it, what else? Can I continue using iTunes? Any precautions that I must take?

Jun 29, 2009
Fairfield, CA
yes the regular Apple app store still works, and you can do everything you normally would with your iPhone after jailbreaking. most of the cydia apps are free, but there are a few paid ones. i have an iPod touch 2g so i don't know much about the baseband issues that might affect iPhone users, so go ask about that in one of the other threads

hope i helped a little

craiggiarc

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 20, 2009
I just completed the JailBreaking of my Ipod Touch 2G last night.

All is good apart from one thing, My iTunes see's my iPod Touch as a new device and wants to erase everything off of it. Does this normally happen?

Craig

Jun 29, 2009
Fairfield, CA
thats normal.
if you have a backup restore your ipod from that, if not set it up as a new ipod.
either way the iPod touch will remain jailbroken.
after youre done restoring/setting up you can resync all of the media in your iTunes library.

craiggiarc

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 20, 2009
Thank you randy73137, that did the trick.

Craig