Silver
Aug 3, 2008
This is hard waiting on jailbreak for 3.1 :D
Tg

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
I cannot wait! I'm really tempted to update but I'm trying so hard not to, I don't want to lose my JB. *Impatiently waiting*

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
I cannot wait! I'm really tempted to update but I'm trying so hard not to, I don't want to lose my JB. *Impatiently waiting*
I know, I saved the files that others warned about saving to be able to JB 3.1, I really want to update but I will wait.......... Now its been 7 hrs and 7 mins :)
Tg

jorgesito

Bronze
Aug 7, 2009
lol. I couldn't wait and updated without knowing it was going to take away my JB. Now I'm REALLY waiting for them to hurry an put out the JB for 3.1 :sneaky:

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
I would probably update if I knew for sure MMS was available now in Minneapolis
Tg

uturn68

Bronze
Jul 26, 2009
so i planned on getting an iPhone on the 8th when my verizon contract is up. i wanted to JB and unlock (unlock to sell down the road) but now im reading that unlock will not work with 3.1 so i called AT&T to see if i could by a phone today and activate in 28 days-no dice. does anyone think i can get an iPhone on 3.0.1 on the 8th or will they most likely have new 3.1 product? also is speculation of perminant blocking of unlock normal with a new FW release or is this the real deal?

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
Honestly, looking at what's on the 3.1 update, I still believe us JBers are still way ahead of the curve. I'll just sit back and be amused by all the excitement over peanuts.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Oh, I still want to upgrade to 3.1, but I'll wait until the jailbreak for it is out. I don't mind a firmware upgrade with under-the-hood improvements. They can't all be wowee-zowee spectacular updates.

Besides, I need 3.1 installed to use the app-arranging tool in iTunes 9, and I want to be able to edit videos without losing the original video.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
Honestly, looking at what's on the 3.1 update, I still believe us JBers are still way ahead of the curve. I'll just sit back and be amused by all the excitement over peanuts.
I agree. I really didn't see anything that exciting about rushing to update to 3.1. Maybe with the exception of the added video editing.

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
I agree, now that the dust has settled a little bit I am not quite so anxious to update. Definitely wait on the JB, also would like the under the hood clean up.
Tg

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Yes I upgraded and lost jailbreak. I'll jailbreak as soon as it's available. If I had to choose between jailbreak or 3.1 I would choose 3.1 for 1 reason. For like 5-6 hours last night and again this morning I never lost WiFi connection at home & that stupid enter your password popup. It stayed solid and consistant!

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Yes I upgraded and lost jailbreak. I'll jailbreak as soon as it's available. If I had to choose between jailbreak or 3.1 I would choose 3.1 for 1 reason. For like 5-6 hours last night and again this morning I never lost WiFi connection at home & that stupid enter your password popup. It stayed solid and consistant!
Interesting. I've never had the problem with a 2G or three different 3G's with or without jailbreak. Maybe you just needed a fresh restore or something?