Jailbreaking 3GS steps

bam049

Sep 15, 2009
Does anyone have the steps and what software to Jailbreaking 3gS iPhone? I have never done this before and would like to. I don't want to pay someone $30 bucks when I can do it myself. Links would be great..

I'm using windows system...

bam049

Sep 15, 2009
3.1 Just updated the phone the other day with the lastest

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
It is a shame, do you think we should just ask Chris to remove it? It's a waste of space obviously.

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
Doesn't anyone read threads or search anymore?!?!
It happens everywere, Take the iPhone Dev-Teams's blog today for example, They put up a post explaining about what you can do to future proof your 3GS for jailbreaking/unlock and people in the comments were asking questions that have already been answered in the post above by the Dev-Team :D

rojocrandall

Bronze
Mar 2, 2009
At least the OP is not complaining that redsn0w won't work on his 3.1 3GS...:)

ipwn3gs

Bronze
Jul 12, 2009
It is a shame, do you think we should just ask Chris to remove it? It's a waste of space obviously.
oh come one its not even 10kb. im not big fan of duplicated threads but i wouldn't take it that far. if mod cares they will regardless....

don't reply and see it downfaill withing hours :)

Does anyone have the steps and what software to Jailbreaking 3gS iPhone? I have never done this before and would like to. I don't want to pay someone $30 bucks when I can do it myself. Links would be great..

I'm using windows system...
unfortunatelyno jailbreak for 3.1 yet....
also the process is quite simple you download a file and a program. you run the program and tell it to look at the file, you do a weird start up and everything else is automatic. atlease it was for last jailbreak method.

don't be upset theyre bragging about duplicate threads.... theyre on this site too many hours a day :sneaky:
haha

bam049

Sep 15, 2009
I would like to know what the process is to jailbreak a phone. I didn't think this was a tuff question at all. I have read many threads and everyone has bits and pieces. I was hoping someone had steps and what program was good to use. I did find out that the latest “Apple” update is unable to be jailbroke as of right now. I have a second phone that has version 3.0 on it. Thanks…

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
There is a jailbreak avaliable for 3.1 if you have a 3G but not for 3GS as of yet and you can only do it using the pwnage tool on a MAC unless you find someone who has uploaded a hacked IPSW file.

If you want more information on this have a read of the Dev-Teams blog

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
oh come one its not even 10kb. im not big fan of duplicated threads but i wouldn't take it that far. if mod cares they will regardless....

don't reply and see it downfaill withing hours :)
I was talking about the 'Search' function at the top of the forum. I was pondering on asking the site owner to remove it. Something far more useful could go there i.e a blank space. (sorry for sarcasm)

What people get annoyed about on here is the lack of self drive for new members (one time posters) to find something out for themselves, it's easy to get information out of someone, but consider the self pride when you figure something out on your own.

Please don't take any offense it what I've said.

bam049

Sep 15, 2009
iPhonewarrior -who are the folks you're referring your post to?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I was talking about any person who can't muster themselves to find an answer out on his own. You have been given instructions already, you asked for a guide you got one. What more would you like...?

Go to this site, as previously mentioned RossMc.
http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

you will need to follow the intstructions carefuly.

There are many guides on here on how to jail break, all the jailbreaking tools come from the Dev-Team. In future, remain calm and consider being patient and use the SEARCH button, I seriously do not believe you could not come across an answer when searching for 'Jailbreak'

itsnowornever

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Cali Baby!
I am sure he came across MANY "jailbreak" threads, posts and webpages...however, as a first time "breaker" it's daunting. I have done it MANY times and often wish there would be simple "Step 1" "step 2" instead of long threads with millions of links and no one giving a clear answer.