Jailbreaking 4.2.1 on an iPod Touch 3rd generation

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
Hi all,

I jailbroke my daughter's 3 generation iPod Touch using Greenpois0n. Everything went well and I got the app that allowed me to install Cydia. However, when I try to launch Cydia, it immediately closes. Has anybody had this happen before?

Thanks
~S

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Which version of greenpois0n did you use? There is an updated release, RC6 I think.
You can rerun it over the previous jailbreak. Might be worth a shot to see if that fixes the cydia crash problem.

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
Which version of greenpois0n did you use? There is an updated release, RC6 I think.
You can rerun it over the previous jailbreak. Might be worth a shot to see if that fixes the cydia crash problem.
I used the Rc6 version.

If you still have Loader, try to reinstall Cydia.
Unfortunately I uninstalled loader.

I tried re-running Greenpois0n and it did not help. I also tried to run RedSnow on top and that did not work. When I tried to restore to redo the jailbreak from scratch I started getting iTunes errors.....

I'm using a Windows XP computer BTW.....

~S

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I think what iPhonewarrior meant was are you running Greenpois0n as an administrator? Right click, run as admin.

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
I think what iPhonewarrior meant was are you running Greenpois0n as an administrator? Right click, run as admin.
If my XP account is the administrator account then I assume I am running Greenpois0n as an admin....

~S

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
If my XP account is the administrator account then I assume I am running Greenpois0n as an admin....

~S
As RoofMonkey pointed out, you need to right click on the greenpois0n icon and click run as admin...

It has nothing to do with the account you're using.