Jailbreaking and updates?

BoomerFZ1

Bronze
Dec 10, 2008
I've done the jailbreak thing and I'm loving some of the stuff that's available to me now, but I'm concerned about leaving it this way. What about updates? And what if ATT or Apple want to get mean and do something to cause jailbreaked iPhones to brick or something :mad:? I'm just curious I guess and a little concerned. Anyone?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
If you want you can always restore to a stock iPhone very simply. With the size of the jailbroken comunity I think it would be very unrealistic for Apple to make such a detrimental dicision as to brick all jailbroken iPhones.
when the next update comes just like everyone els u can wait until the new firmware is hacked then update and jailbreak or if the update is minor you can just stay on your curant firmware.

BoomerFZ1

Bronze
Dec 10, 2008
Ahhh...so when updates come out, you don't want to upgrade. Does that mean I should turn that option off on my iTunes? Is that the only place it'll check for updates?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
That's pretty much the gist of it. When a new update is released I would say the most common thing to do is just wait a couple of days until the new firmware has ben hacked and tested and proven for jailbroke then update and jailbreak again.

Last edited by a moderator: