Jailbreaking/Unlocking 2G iPhone

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Alright thanks to the help of Psylichon their really is an unlock for the 2G iPhones so I'm ready to update :cool:
-. . .But How do I go about doing that?

Btw I have these apps from cydia than I wanna use AppBackup and AptBackup...How do I make these work successfuly?:laugh2:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I believe you're using a PC, so head over here and download QuickPwn. It's simple enough to figure out, but there are several guides on using it, and of course, you can ask anything here.

I'm not familiar with using either of those apps. I only have a few Cydia packages downloaded, so I just remember them. I'm sure somebody can offer some insight there, however.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
It went "Okay" haha!
-Like the Jailbreak/ and unlock went well until I got to that iTunes screen afterward asking me if I wanted to set the iPhone up as a new phone or restore from backup?. . .I didn't know which to pick to I just canceled the whole operation lol!

But then I found that I didn't have any of my phone numbers or anything so I had to go back and rejailbreak it then restore from backup and even now Im still loading all the apps and tweakes I once had because those cydia apps APTBACKUP and APPBACKUP don't DO crap! So I'm still trying to remember which apps I had and all that other tedious stuff:mad::p

But 2.2 is great ALOT faster:cool:
-Safari has a new look
-My phone turns on/off faster
-Keyboard nolonger lags
-I just found by accident of like if your on your 3rd page and press the home button it takes you back to the 1st page!
-and the new look of appstore is also nice

Just a much needed update :)

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Thanks man!
-I was very skeptical on trying it cause all I had been hearing is that their wasn't an unlock available for 2.2 iPhoners...but come to find out all along they were talking about the 3G:p It sucks cause it seems no one thinks about the iPhone 2G anymore just if the 3G is unlockable yet or whatever haha!