jailbreaking with quickpwn 3.0

dexy55

Jan 23, 2008
just trying to jailbreak my 16gb 3g using quickpwn. get to the screen were it asks for location of current ipsw. looked in folder that contains all previous ipsw files but its not there, tried downloading it but its a zip file that is not recognized by quickpwn. i must b overlooking somthing obvious. any help wellcome thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Did you try to use the 2.2.1 version? QuickPWN hasn't been released for 3.0 yet. You'll need to use Redsn0w or PWNage tool or wait for the 3.0 QuickPWN release.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Did you try to use the 2.2.1 version? QuickPWN hasn't been released for 3.0 yet. You'll need to use Redsn0w or PWNage tool or wait for the 3.0 QuickPWN release.
Go with the Pwnage tool- very simple and your set up in just a few minutes.

Redsn0w is a little strange right now. I had loads of problems (so have other people on EIC).

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Go with the Pwnage tool- very simple and your set up in just a few minutes.
A few minutes? I used PWNage Tool and it's not fast at all since it requires a complete restore. I'd wait for QuickPWN, it only takes 8 minutes to JB with it.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
A few minutes? I used PWNage Tool and it's not fast at all since it requires a complete restore. I'd wait for QuickPWN, it only takes 8 minutes to JB with it.

?

Was easy enough for me. I don't think it's so much of a problem pressing a few buttons on the mouse then leaving your phone for ten minutes whilst it does it stuff. I think you read a little deep into my comment.

Regardless of what anybody and everybody thinks- The redsn0w jailbreak is buggy, don't get me wrong it like the fact that you can do the jailbreak easily but it's no where near perfected. I look forward to updates.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm just saying it's nowhere near as fast as QuickPWN because you have to restore, sync everything back on, and put your settings back in.

Did it really only take you 10 minutes to JB with PWNage Tool, restore, sync and put your settings in? I took me almost an hour. The entire QuickPWN process is only 8 minutes.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'm just saying it's nowhere near as fast as QuickPWN because you have to restore, sync everything back on, and put your settings back in.

Did it really only take you 10 minutes to JB with PWNage Tool, restore, sync and put your settings in? I took me almost an hour. The entire QuickPWN process is only 8 minutes.

It wasn't that fast lol. I've only got the iPhone 3g 8gb version so i didn't have that much stuff to put back on. From start to finish i reckon it was probably about 15-20mins. It does everything for you apart from the DFU section. You have to remember, using redsn0w you have to have been stock in the firstplace then you gotta put it in DFU mode then you have to let it do it's thing then you have to wait for another 5mins while it reboots itself. I'm stuck at the minute on a redsn0w jailbreak as the internet where i'm from is down (i'm pis*ed- hate using works computers) so i can't even restore my phone and re-jailbreak it usin Pwnage tool. redsn0ws made my phone unbelievably un-stable

dexy55

Jan 23, 2008
thanks guys, but i have already tried renameing the file extension but quickpwn does not reconise it, and few guys mentioned using pwnage tool but i thought that was for mac's as im using pc. if anyone knows of any other method id appresiate thanks