Jailbroke and unlocked changing service

Feb 7, 2008
I have a jailbroke 1.1.2 otb and it's unlocked. I'm using a local service here in my area. I'm changing jobs so I want to change my service to AT&T, (I hope that's not a mistake). I thought it might just be easier if I get my iPhone back to do that activation thing that iTunes was asking when I got my phone. My question is this: I want to backup my setting (if possible). When I search iTunes, I don't see an iPhone tab. I see an ipod tab in preferences, still no backup option. Also, how do I let AT&T activate there service and then I want to jailbreak the iPhone for the cool apps?

Questions:

1) backup
2) activate with AT&T (online)
3) jailbreak for 1.1.4

Thanks guys and gals for any help.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
1) backup
2) restore, and activate
3) jailbreak
4) unlock
5) throw away AT&T SIM and pop in your T-Mobile SIM...

lol... the last two steps are optional.. :)

T-Mobile>AT&T.

Feb 7, 2008
Thanks and I appreciate your response, except where or how do you backup, I don't see a backup anywhere. And if I do backup, how do you restore that backup?

Thanks again!

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Thanks and I appreciate your response, except where or how do you backup, I don't see a backup anywhere. And if I do backup, how do you restore that backup?

Thanks again!
well, first sync your contacts, and that's about as much as you can do, because you should always set your phone up as a new phone.

Feb 7, 2008
Ok, got that part on backing up. Don't know what setting it always like a new phone part. Also, another question: when jailbroke, and Apple comes out with a newer version for example "1.1.5" will I be able to let iTunes upgrade it or not?

Thanks again for helping me!

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Ok, got that part on backing up. Don't know what setting it always like a new phone part. Also, another question: when jailbroke, and Apple comes out with a newer version for example "1.1.5" will I be able to let iTunes upgrade it or not?

Thanks again for helping me!
after you restore, iTunes will ask you if you would like to restore your phon. from a previous backup or set it up as a new one,

so set it up as new.
and yes, you will be able to upgrade.