Jailbroke but now dialer doesn't work

jawknee

Oct 1, 2008
I somehow missed the step of jailbreaking of where you plug it into iTunes to activate it/choose a carrier. Now when I click the phone button, it loads up the dialer and then closes out right away. I can't use speaker or any other phone function when someone calls. I hear it ring and can answer and can still make calls from my contacts, I just can't see the call in progress other than it saying I'm in a call at the very top bar. How can I activate the iPhone? Do I have to jailbreak it all over again? I can see the ATT logo in the corner and have normal reception. I used quickpwn and iTunes 8 with 2.1 software.

jawknee

Oct 1, 2008
I figured out the problem. A certain program called Kate that I got through Installer screwed everything up. I removed it and now it's all back to normal. Thank you. :)

izzy2009

Jun 15, 2009
I figured out the problem. A certain program called Kate that I got through Installer screwed everything up. I removed it and now it's all back to normal. Thank you. :)

Hi.

i have the same problem, andi am trying to solve it without restoring the iPhone, since there is no one in my location that can jailbrakeit again.

I do need help t locate this "kate" application and instruction on how to remove it.
i do have many applications downloaded from Cydia and i cannt removed them. not all of them have an X to enable delete and i have no idea how to remove it.

thank you