Jailbroken 3GS slowing down?

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I tried opening the Camera.app, but it would crash and I shut it off. It didn't work again. Then I did a soft-reset and it works, but it seems slow. Any tips to make it faster?

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
No problems here. Everything is still as snappy and problem free as before the jailbreak. Which jb software did you use? You may need to restore and start over. I used Purp1erain.

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
No problems here. Everything is still as snappy and problem free as before the jailbreak. Which jb software did you use? You may need to restore and start over. I used Purp1erain.
I jailbroke with purplera1n RC2 and my 3GS is as snappy as ever.
+1 purplera1n here and works great no problems at all.

Kathie63

Bronze
Mar 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Did it take a while to download cydia with purplera1n?

can i re jailbreak with purplera1n RC2 without restoring my phone?

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
Yes open freeze...then download cydia. Once cydia finishes installing..open it and it will start updating the packages...let it complete the updating and you are ready to go. I didn't delete the Freeze icon after getting cydia even though instructions state you can. Whatever you do..don't "hide it" with an icon hiding program.

Kathie63

Bronze
Mar 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Does redsn0w work better than purplera1n?

Oh I jb with just purplera1n should I jb with purplera1n RC2 instead? and would I need to restore first

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
I haven't used RedSnow. Purplerain has been flawless. Do a search in the forum for RedSnow for more info.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
You should take a look at what you've installed and see what may be causing the slow down. I Jailbraked with RedSn0w and my phone is not slowing down.

partizan

Bronze
Feb 25, 2008
Milton, Ontario
I've used both and to be honest they seem to work flawlessly. Can't really tell which one works better. The only issues I'm having that my signal strength seems to have gotten worse since the jailbreak, hence having tried both methods.

Jul 23, 2009
can you guys help me out please?
i talked to this girls who works at an Apple store, and she said that if you jailbreak it, it put the firmware off by .1 even if you restore it..or something and they know you jail broke it and they wont service it.
she said they turn people away all the time
I am obviously questioning this because she works at an Apple store and would be most likely to bull**** me.
other than that i see no reason not to jailbreak it..

Thanks so much!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I used Redsn0w and I've noticed no slowdown, even with WinterBoard running several themes.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
can you guys help me out please?
i talked to this girls who works at an Apple store, and she said that if you jailbreak it, it put the firmware off by .1 even if you restore it..or something and they know you jail broke it and they wont service it.
she said they turn people away all the time
I am obviously questioning this because she works at an Apple store and would be most likely to bull**** me.
other than that i see no reason not to jailbreak it..

Thanks so much!
That young lady must be smoking some good stuff.