Jailbroken 4S...now what?

Jan 12, 2012
Jailbreak noobie here. Hell, iPhone noobie! I've had rooted Android phones so I understand the basics, but not sure how to theme, etc, my newly jailbroken phone. Been playing with Cydia and see if I can purchase themes there. However, do themes do nothing other than change the application icons? Is there a way to have more screen freedom? Add Android like widgets?

Looked around for a tutorial but haven't seen anything.

Thanks!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
No, you can theme the entire interface. The best themes will be ones that you put together yourself. They'll also be free.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
No, you can theme the entire interface. The best themes will be ones that you put together yourself. They'll also be free.
When/if I get the 4S I probably won't theme, but, if I do i'll do exactly the same. Creating your own theme from existing themes is by far te best thing to do.

Jan 12, 2012
And what is the best way to do that? So far I've loaded a bunch of free themes on Winterboard and selectively applied them. Also picked up some cydia mods. But looking for more. Suggestions on how to do so?

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
I've never cared much for themes but if your looking for stuff to get on cydia I would suggest

User agent faker
Unlimtones
SBsettings
Navigate from maps (if you have navigation)
My3g
Infinidock
Gridlock
BiteSMS
Just to name a few

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I've never cared much for themes but if your looking for stuff to get on cydia I would suggest

User agent faker
Unlimtones
SBsettings
Navigate from maps (if you have navigation)
My3g
Infinidock
Gridlock
BiteSMS
Just to name a few
Navigate from Maps is probably the best tweak I've ever used. Apart from SBSettings ;)

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Its always good in the beginning to mix themes using ifile, just to learn where everything is, That's how I learned. Once you do that you can pretty much change anything you want and make it your own. From carrier logos to signal bars to icons and docks. And now with the notification center it's even better, more theming to do :)

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
When/if I get the 4S I probably won't theme, but, if I do i'll do exactly the same. Creating your own theme from existing themes is by far te best thing to do.
Its always good in the beginning to mix themes using ifile, just to learn where everything is, That's how I learned. Once you do that you can pretty much change anything you want and make it your own. From carrier logos to signal bars to icons and docks. And now with the notification center it's even better, more theming to do :)
I agree with all three of y'all on the theme thing. Among many others here, Europa and iPhonewarrior in particular helped me learn to use iFile and accomplish all sorts of theming tasks.

FolderEnhancer is one of my favorite tweaks and one of the first I'll install when I jailbreak my 4S. I'll also be checking out Sprintomize 2 which offers an large amount of customization features in one easy to use app. With all that said I can't take it anymore so I'm off to jailbreak this bad boy! :cool: