Jailbroken iOS 7?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mfrashuer

Oct 6, 2012
I'm reading on Yahoo where multiple people are talking that the release of 7 is already Jailbroken. is this true?

Sent using iCafe app

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I've yet to see any jailbreak for iOS 7. I have heard that the developers were holding back possible exploits to allow for an iOS 7 jailbreak. With the GM out today, I suppose we'll see if that's true.

mfrashuer

Oct 6, 2012
Is there a jaibreak for iOS 7? I see on the Internet that there is but not believing it yet. If there is can you direct me to a legitimate area?

Sent using iCafe app

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Unfortunately there is not a jailbreak yet for iOS 7. They are talking about waiting until after iOS 7.1 is released and also any new devices come out to make sure a jailbreak works on them. Also Apple mean when it comes to jailbreaking which is why it takes a while.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Unfortunately there is not a jailbreak yet for iOS 7. They are talking about waiting until after iOS 7.1 is released and also any new devices come out to make sure a jailbreak works on them. Also Apple mean when it comes to jailbreaking which is why it takes a while.
I think you're blowing the whole "Apple is mean" thing way out of proportion. What has Apple specifically done so far with iOS 7 to prevent jailbreaking? As far as I know, no available exploits have been patched yet. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I think you're blowing the whole "Apple is mean" thing way out of proportion. What has Apple specifically done so far with iOS 7 to prevent jailbreaking? As far as I know, no available exploits have been patched yet. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I meant with the past operating softwares. As for iOS 7, this may patch exploits that the hackers found, meaning a longer delay on a release of a jailbreaking program. This is what all of us worry about. :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I meant with the past operating softwares. As for iOS 7, this may patch exploits that the hackers found, meaning a longer delay on a release of a jailbreaking program. This is what all of us worry about. :)
Nothing has changed. Apple has been trying to stop jailbreaking since 2007.

None of the expolits were patched in 7.0.1 - 7.0.4. I haven't heard about 7.1 yet, but it's doubtful that they patched them. It's not that they aren't bothering to do so; it's that they usually don't know where the exploits are until the jailbreak is released. They often quickly release a firmware update right after the jailbreak comes out just to patch those exploits and break the jailbreak.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Nothing has changed. Apple has been trying to stop jailbreaking since 2007.

None of the expolits were patched in 7.0.1 - 7.0.4. I haven't heard about 7.1 yet, but it's doubtful that they patched them. It's not that they aren't bothering to do so; it's that they usually don't know where the exploits are until the jailbreak is released. They often quickly release a firmware update right after the jailbreak comes out just to patch those exploits and break the jailbreak.
Apple needs to be nice and just let us have what we want. I would do a smiley face there, but I am on the app.

Dear Apple,

Please just let us have our parties after every new device and OS.

Thank you.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Apple needs to be nice and just let us have what we want. I would do a smiley face there, but I am on the app.

Dear Apple,

Please just let us have our parties after every new device and OS.

Thank you.
Dream on. It's never going to happen. For one, they'd lose too much money due to app piracy. And two, jailbreaking can cause instability. That's just a couple of the reasons...

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Dream on. It's never going to happen. For one, they'd lose too much money due to app piracy. And two, jailbreaking can cause instability. That's just a couple of the reasons...
Dang it! You crushed my letter. Maybe I'll have a dream tonight about Apple allowing us to do what we want.

Status
Not open for further replies.