Jailbroken iPad 2 So now what?

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Hey Everybody,

I've basically been outta touch for several months and just bought another ipad 2 Sunday and jailbroke it 5 minutes ago. I have downloaded SBSettings but now I'm wondering what else? I'm not really worried about themes. I did buy intelliscreen about 18 months ago for my iPhone so that maybe an option.

Any other suggestions for the ipad 2?

Thanks!

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
Guessing it would be the same as a JB iPhone.

In that case, I like:

My3G
Unlimtones
infinidock
lock calendar
BiteSMS (awesome)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Hey, Mickey. It's always good to see you make a reappearance. :)

Since I don't have an iPad, I'm not sure if these all have iPad-compatibility, but here are a few to check into:

Action Menu
Activator
Attachment Saver
FakeClockUp
FullDrop
iFile
Navigate From Maps
Safari Download Manager
SwitcherMod
TruePrint (if you have a wireless printer that isn't supported by Apple)
User Agent Faker

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Thanks Mindi! I still have the Asus Transformer and have had it since it came out in May but am so frustrated with it just not working right. It is currently on my shelf waiting on Ice Cream Sandwhich 4.0 OS to be released later this year. In the meantime I am back with an ipad 2 and a tablet that "Just Works."

I'll look over your list as well and see if I want to remain jail broken or not. I'm beginning to think that I will be totally fine stock but just wanna make sure.

Thanks again!

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Retina Pad is a must. I JB the iPad 1 with Redsn0w and activated the 4/5 finger swipe. Can't imagine the iPad without it now.

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Lon, I have the gestures activated from X-Code and I agree that it is a great feature. That will be stock with 5.0. As for Retina Pad that clears up the look of apps not made for the ipad that you hit 2X on to double the size on I believe. So I'll look to see how I can use that. Thanks...

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Lon, I have the gestures activated from X-Code and I agree that it is a great feature.
I'm not familiar with X-Code. Could that allow one to enable gestures if JBMe was used? Maybe better hold up on this conversation so the thread doesn't get moved. I will check into that Q? further elsewhere.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Thanks Mindi! I still have the Asus Transformer and have had it since it came out in May but am so frustrated with it just not working right. It is currently on my shelf waiting on Ice Cream Sandwhich 4.0 OS to be released later this year. In the meantime I am back with an ipad 2 and a tablet that "Just Works."

I'll look over your list as well and see if I want to remain jail broken or not. I'm beginning to think that I will be totally fine stock but just wanna make sure.

Thanks again!

Ice Cream Sandwhich, eh? If I were an Android fan, I think I'd consider switching to iOS just to avoid the silly Android OS names. I might go back if Vanilla Wafer looked sweet enough, though.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Oh heck. We're in JB thread! Mickey, did you use X Code 4? Did you use Mac or PC? What iPad firmware - 4.3.3 or 4.3.5?
What is this 20 questions! ;)

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
4.3.3. I'm not sure which X-Code I bought for my Mac but I believe I paid $5 for it about 4-5 months ago and I only use it for the gestures. It's so easy to take any ipad and hook it up and within a minute have gestures enabled.

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Ice Cream Sandwhich, eh? If I were an Android fan, I think I'd consider switching to iOS just to avoid the silly Android OS names. I might go back if Vanilla Wafer looked sweet enough, though.
You have a great point. The 3.0 that we are currently on is Honeycomb and I guess that's tolerable but Ice Cream Sandwhich; Just doesn't have that techy name that I'm looking for!