Jailbroken iPhone 3G battery life

zaius55

Aug 17, 2008
Hello,

I recently jailbroke my iPhone 3g and have noticed the battery dies fast! It went from full charge to zero in about 6 hours of being idle (seemingly). Scanning around the web the only thing I could find was that I might need to disable the ssh and ftp services? Could this account for the drain fully? Anything else I should check?

Thanks!

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
Hello,

I recently jailbroke my iPhone 3g and have noticed the battery dies fast! It went from full charge to zero in about 6 hours of being idle (seemingly). Scanning around the web the only thing I could find was that I might need to disable the ssh and ftp services? Could this account for the drain fully? Anything else I should check?

Thanks!
I'm having the same problem? Do you have Auto-Lock set to a minimum? Mine started all of a sudden. It discharges over night. No idea what's happening.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
i had it happen one time, and i realized it was because i left openssh turned on in bossprefs. make sure you turn openssh, bluetooth, wifi, and 3g off if you aren't using them, it will greatly increase your battery life.

mcgong

Aug 12, 2008
since I have jail broken my phone, my battery life has extended. I have everything turned off though.

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
i had it happen one time, and i realized it was because i left openssh turned on in bossprefs. make sure you turn openssh, bluetooth, wifi, and 3g off if you aren't using them, it will greatly increase your battery life.
Hey, excellent point about the OpenSSH, I always leave that on.

Thanks

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
haha yah one day at school my phone was just sucking the battery and i couldn't figure out why. any faster and i would have been able to see the battery icon decrease just by looking at it for a few seconds. i got home and quickly remembered that i had left everything on. ssh seems to be the worst though in terms of battery drainage for whatever reason, that just sucks it dry. glad i could help

Redfox68

Aug 16, 2008
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
haha yah one day at school my phone was just sucking the battery and i couldn't figure out why. any faster and i would have been able to see the battery icon decrease just by looking at it for a few seconds. i got home and quickly remembered that i had left everything on. ssh seems to be the worst though in terms of battery drainage for whatever reason, that just sucks it dry. glad i could help
Where is the openSSH setting? I'm always looking to improve battery life (turn off WiFi, BT, 3G, location) when I'm traveling and if this helps I'll be happy.

Red

iphone1027

Bronze
Jul 2, 2008
Where is the openSSH setting? I'm always looking to improve battery life (turn off WiFi, BT, 3G, location) when I'm traveling and if this helps I'll be happy.

Red
Go into Cydia, click on search, then type in the search field "boss" and scroll the list until you arrive to Boss Preferences. Download and install. Then go to your Main screen(springboard) locate the Boss preference icon, click on it. There you can manage your connections including SSH setting(On/off). Good luck! Hope that helped

Jun 25, 2009
what is the difference between the toggle switches when you first open the BossPrefs app (3G, BT, BRIGHTNESS, EDGE, FAST NOTES, LOCATION, PHONE, WI-FI) and the toggle switches under the "SET TOGGLES" section(3G, BT, BRIGHTNESS,ENGE,FAST NOTES,LOCATION,PHONE,PROCESSES,SSH,WI-FI?

are they the same with the ssh and processes difference? if i turn off 3G, Edge, and Wi-Fi does that cut off all my internet connection? So i should always leave atleast 3G on if i turn off edge and wi-fi to conserve battery?