Jailbroken iPhone 4 keeps crashing when making phone calls?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by john_T, May 22, 2011.

1. john_T

john_T Member
    Silver

It's been happening since last Friday night. Should I restore? There are some texts I want to save. Is that possible? Also is the latest iPhone update jailbreakable? I'm JB on 4.2.1 and I really don't want to restore. Can someone help me out here?

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

The latest update is jailbreakable and it's un-tethered.

I would restore if stock apps are crashing. Copy your themes folder and use PkgBackup (or something similar) to copy your Cydia packages. Then restore to 4.3.3 and re-jailbreak using Redsn0w.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Have you tried a hard reset? Is it causing springboard/safe mode crashes is the app crashing? Did you install any new apps in Cydia the day this started? If so, uninstall it/them and see if it solves the problem. You can backup your sms.db file prior to restoring and then overwrite the file with your backup after restoring and rejailbreaking with redsn0w. The file is located in var/mobile/library/sms

4. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I actually started having Safari crash for me, than I did a hard reset and it's all fixed. I'd go with Europa's solution before updating/re-jailbreaking.

As previously suggested, I'd install Crash Reporter and see what apps are causing the crash. Before I hard reset, I checked Crash Reporter and removed one of the apps that was reported as a tertiary suspect. I left the other app, that was also listed as a tertiary suspect, WeatherIcon, because I can't live without it. lol

5. john_T

john_T Member
    Silver

Thanks for the tips. I just removed MCleaner, which I installed that day (completely forgot about that!) and it seems to be working fine now. I'll see how everything works for the rest of the day before restoring. Thanks!

6. DiablosDiva

DiablosDiva New Member

Hoping this works for me too! Was frustrated that I was having such ridiculous phone issues until I saw that MCleaner might be the issue. I'll keep you posted!

7. EverythingApple

Gold

So, I don't have to retheme again at the next jailbreak update, how do I copy my themes folder. I use PkgBackup but it doesn't copy everything.

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

This may work. It opened perfectly on my desktop. Do you have iFile? If you go into iFile through SSH, you can go to var/stash and drag themes folder to your desktop. However, sometimes themes have a tendency to revert back to default.

9. EverythingApple

Gold

Mike, yes I have iFile, but I have a Mac, not PC, if that matters. How do I go into iFile through SSH?

10. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I have a Mac as well. If you open up iFile on your iPhone and then click the web server image on the bottom, it'll give you a website to go to on your Mac. You're basically connecting to your iPhone IP address.

11. EverythingApple

Gold

Awesome! Thanks, I never knew that.