Jailbroken iPhone 4S, Bluetooth not working error 3194?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Cuppa_Ace, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Cuppa_Ace

Cuppa_Ace Member

Hey out there!
    Im really stuck on this issue.
    I have a successfuly jailbroken iPhone 4S (5.0 9A334) using Absinthe.
    Everything works great except I can no longer use bluetooth devices.
    From googling around I've learned that a method to fix this issue is just restoring the phone and re-jailbreaking....
    HOWEVER... when I try to restore my phone to a custom restore ie. (5.0_9A334 or 5.0.1_9A406 or 5.0.1_9A405)
    I get the error message 3194.
    SO... to try and fix this error, Ive downloaded Tinyumbrella that didn't seem to work at all... and I even went in and changed the host file as recommended... that also didn't work.

So I'm kinda stuck! Anyone have any idea what I should try next?

2. fearofnormalcy

fearofnormalcy Evangelist
    Gold

You can't restore to 5.0.1. Apple isn't signing it anymore. Doesn't matter if you have SHSH's saved or use TU.

The landscape of previous firmware restores has changed significantly with the 4S and iPad2. Apple has randomized part of the SHSH with A5 devices on iOS5 so there's no way to perform a simple replay attack (what TU does).

As soon as 5.1 came out, they stopped signing 5.0.1, so if something goes wrong on your 4S that requires a restore, you're stuck upgrading to 5.1. (If an iPad2 owner was jailbroken on 4.3.3, they can downgrade to that still.)

Basically, your question to ponder is now this: Jailbroken or Bluetooth? At this point, it's one or the other.

3. Cuppa_Ace

Cuppa_Ace Member

ugh... not what I wanted to hear... Thanks for your help none the least :(