jailbroken iPhone with sprint?

Sep 23, 2008
Michigan
I own an ipod touch rite now and was looking to buy a iPhone 3g, with the 3g i would like to use it with sprint service, is this possible?, sprint tells me that all sim cards are different? is that ture?. also i would like to buy the iPhone unlocked to be used with sprint, where is a good place to buy that?

if all of this is not possible, could i buy a jailbroken iPhone and use every feature except the phone part?

please help me.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
No, you can't, for two reasons:

1) You cannot unlock the iPhone 3G at this time.
2) Sprint uses CDMA technology - they don't use SIM cards. So even if the 3G could be unlocked, you wouldn't be able to use it with Sprint. Sorry.

Sep 23, 2008
Michigan
what about if you used re old iPhone could you unlock it and just use it as an ipod?

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
No, you can't, for two reasons:

1) You cannot unlock the iPhone 3G at this time.
2) Sprint uses CDMA technology - they don't use SIM cards. So even if the 3G could be unlocked, you wouldn't be able to use it with Sprint. Sorry.
Ya, with a sim card (T-Mobile) is the only one... I had sprint and i didn't like them anyways... so i switched to AT&T they are much better... Back to it SIM cards are GSM and phones with sprint or that don't use a SIM card are probably CDMA....

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
quick tip... if your in a contract with sprint you can switch to nextel... when switching over once you are active with nextel you have a 15 or 30 day trial peirod that your not in a contract that you can freely cancel in so you don't get hit with the ETF fee... this works because sprint and nextel are one and the same now except they never merged their billing systems... so you get off the hook for free