Jailbroken Verizon iPhone receiver sound not working?

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
I need help with my wife's Verizon iPhone. Whenever she makes a call, she gets no sound through the earpiece and can't talk in the receiver. When she turns on the speaker phone everything is fine. She can hear and talk. Also when she plugs in the earbuds everything is fine she can hear and talk. I have tried a hard reset and no luck, same thing. I have tried to restore to factory settings but I keep getting an error message stating that the iPhone is not eligible to be restored. Earlier today she did drop it so I personally think her phone is broken. Anyone have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It sounds like you're trying to restore it to an old firmware and don't have an SHSH or the hosts file isn't modified.

Try plugging in and removing the headphones from the headphone jack several times in a row and then test it again.

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
Yes Europa I think that is what happened. I thought when I initially did her Jailbreak that I did save everything but I guess I didn't. What's weird is I'm just trying to update the software to the latest one and it's not letting me. Is there anyway around that?

I have tried that with the earbuds several times and no luck. I will keep trying to plug them in and out and see if it will kick in. It's just puzzling because everything else is working just fine.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Install Tiny Umbrella and uncheck the box that says Set hosts file to Cydia on exit. A restore to the latest firmware should work after that. You can try a restore from backup first, but if the problem persists, you'll want to restore it to factory settings and take it in for replacement.

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
Okay thank you Europa. I will try that and let you know what happens.

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
Okay very weird. I just got back from out of town and was getting ready to try and fix my wife's phone this morning. Well she gets a phone call and had sound through the receiver and could talk. Just started working out of nowhere. I'm not sure what the problem was but it seems to be fixed now. Very strange.