Java script?

Nov 19, 2007
I am interested in purchasing an iPhone, but i have a few questions. For example, i use ameritrade for stocks, they offer a java based streamer to keep track of any stocks, that updates in real time. This is loaded when you go to there web site, and it starts up a java script. No other phones i have ever tried allow the streamer to be activated. Just wondering if you are able to see the streamer on the iPhone. I think some sites use the same java for web cam stuff. If anyone knows if Ipone lets you see Ameritrades streamer, any help is appreciated. Thanks

oh and admins, if this is in the wrong forum please move it to the correct one. thanks

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Java and JavaScript are different things so you need to know which one it is using really.

The iPhone does JavaScript ok - Is Safari! Good Browser, here's a biscuit.

Java , not so good unfortunately - come on Apple!

Nov 19, 2007
not sure if this helps but the streamer uses
Java™ version: 1.6.0_03

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
not sure if this helps but the streamer uses
Java™ version: 1.6.0_03
Then nope - it won't work. Not out of the box at the very least. Email Mr. Jobs - Sometimes Apple gets things very wrong in my opinion. 90% of mobile phones must have java I bet. I think the product liability people must have scared Apple to death and so they missed out lots of things that should be in there.