Jawbone Headset - STAY IN MY EAR DANGIT!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
Everytime I try to wear my Jawbone headset it seems to wiggle itself out of my ear. Not to the full extent of completely falling out, but just to the extent of feeling like it is hanging by one last string of ear wax (j/k, but definitely feels like it).
Anyone have a fix for this? It is such a great piece of technology that the thought of not being able to use it just because of comfort leaves me very sad.

celtictso

Aug 28, 2007
one word....

This has been posted somewhere before b/c i got the idea from a posting....
Go to Radio shack and buy the Jabra Ear Gels replacement pack.... costs abou $5 and they are clear.... not blue or red... just regular jabra ear gels....

Then, you have two options.... you can just slide them on the jawbone in place of the original jawbone earpieces.... they do fit but can seem a tad loose... but it works.... or do what i did....

take one of the original jawbone earpieces (i used the plain round one since you get two of those!), and pull the rubber piece off of the ring that twists onto the jawbone.... now you should have just the "locking" mechanism from the jawbone ear piece...... now... push that inside whichever size jabra ear gel fits you (its a perfect tight fit!) and presto... you have a nice comfortable ear piece which stays firmly in your ear and you don't even need the ear loops....

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Everytime I try to wear my Jawbone headset it seems to wiggle itself out of my ear. Not to the full extent of completely falling out, but just to the extent of feeling like it is hanging by one last string of ear wax (j/k, but definitely feels like it).
Anyone have a fix for this? It is such a great piece of technology that the thought of not being able to use it just because of comfort leaves me very sad.
I have the Jawbone and I love it. It comes with many different ear loops and ear foam sizes, you need to use those combinations, I did and now it fits great all day long.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I had a custom earpiece made at www.averysound.com for about $65. It was an investment, but the Jawbone now fits perfectly and is very comfortable.

Coach Z

Bronze
Aug 3, 2007
Thats a really handy site I think I'll hav eto get one of those. Do you still use the hoop or hook that goes over and behind your ear as well or is the eargel enough to hold it on?

theHAGGIS

Sep 10, 2007
Thats a really handy site I think I'll hav eto get one of those. Do you still use the hoop or hook that goes over and behind your ear as well or is the eargel enough to hold it on?
I have the jabra "hack" for the jawbone and don't have to use the hoop/hook anymore (it was very uncomfortable for me). I would expect (depending on your ear) that the averysound.com perfect ear mold would work even better.

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
I just did the Jabra ear gel mod to my jawbone. So far it is working out well. The jawbone stays in my ear much better. I am still using the ear hook as I have small ears and just using the ear gel would worry me of the jawbone falling out. One nice advantage of the ear gels is that it allows for a louder ear piece. I have to now turn my bluetooth volume way down to get to normal volumes.

- Garrett

P.S. I forgot to add. For a good fit of the ear gel onto the jawbone. Take one of your jawbone ear pieces and remove the black plastic ring from it. Take that black ring and use that on the ear gel. This allows for the ear gel to fit tightly onto the jawbone and not come off.