Jawbone icon for $24.99!

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Hawk, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

2. Marianne

Marianne Zealot

Nice find! This is a great headset - I have one as well and love it.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Just noticed that these are refurbs. Nothing wrong with that; just pointing it out. I actually prefer the ICON over the more expensive ERA. The motion controls on the ERA are gimicky and I never use them. The longer battery life is nice, but not at the expense of losing text tones while the phone is connected. You don't hear them through the headset or on the phone when A2DP is on, and you lose the ability to do voice dailing with A2DP off. I had my ERA replaced to verfify that it wasn't a faulty headset. For this reason, I can't recommend the ERA.

I currently have a denim ICON HD and I'm very happy with it.

4. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

I have mine and cannot see getting along without it. Perfect for the car or long conversations while moving around the office or house. I got the Jabra molded eargels to go along with it. They aren't a perfect fit, but very comfy in general, and the longest I have had the headset in was 3 hours before my ear needed a break.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yep, me too. The ICON is a really nice headset. I use mine every day. I highty recommend a custom earpiece for those who use Bluetooth a lot. It makes it 10x more comfortable and 4x louder. They cost $80, but they are worth every penny.

6. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

I didn't spend that much. I spent 10 on the jabra ones on Amazon. Of course, with the money you save on the headset, spending the rest on a custom piece would be worth it.

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Mindi and I both use these custom earpieces:

[​IMG]

8. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I'm in the market for blue tooth ear buds for my music listening. My traditional wire earbuds are becoming frayed and tangled. I need to go wireless. How good is the sound quality for music? I also need a custom fit for buds as my ears are small and most 'hard' buds hurt my ears.

Do these have a band to keep them around your neck like I see on other bluetooth earbuds?

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I don't recommend this for music. It's geared towards phone calls. It's only one earpiece so it's mono. You'll probably want to go with headset for both ears. Plus, the quality isn't that great for music. I have a Jawbone ICON HD and it sounds better than the regular Jawbone ICON, but I still don't use it for listening to music because listening through one ear drives me crazy.

10. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

Thanks Europa. I will look for other alternatives.

11. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

This is what I need.