Jawbone or Apple Bluetooth Headset?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

If you had to buy one of these headsets, which would you choose?

• Total voters

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
I know I have posted a thread on this and there have been ohters, but I learned some new info that makes this thread valid. Also, that info makes it hard to choose which I will get. Here are some pros and cons for both.

Apple
Pros
  • turns on and off with the iPhone, sleeps when iPhone sleeps
  • Is perfectly made for the iPhone
  • Has that Apple coolness
  • is small
  • can be charged in iPhone dock
Cons
  • Expensive at $129
  • no noise canceling
  • has not been tested
Jawbone
Pros
  • noise canceling
  • 8.7 rating (highest on cnet)
  • People say its good, and it has been tested
  • cheaper
  • looks nice
  • fits nice
Cons
  • not made by Apple
  • looks big on face
  • does not turn off with iPhone
  • does not have iPhone integerated features like Apples headset, and cool software that is used with Apples headset may not be available.

Arg. So hard to choose.:mad: Please vote in the poll, and tell me what you know and think about each of these. I need help deciding.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Who is that post talking to? ^ Anyway I picked jawbone because it looks like the Apple one may fall out of your ear.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Jawbone, hands down.

The Apple could easily fall out of your ear. Nice design, but design can't make up for its lack of functionality.

The Jawbone isn't really that bad in comparison to other headsets in the market. It's not as small as the Jabra JX10 but it isn't as big as some of the Plantronics.

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
i don't know. I think Apples will be the most compatible with iPhone, and unlock some featuures other headsets wont be able to. Apple knows their product.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I have a Jawbone and have for about 6 months. It is by far the best headset I have ever had, and I am still going to get the Apple one when it is available.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
i don't know. I think Apples will be the most compatible with iPhone, and unlock some featuures other headsets wont be able to. Apple knows their product.
Compatibility doesn't really matter because it's bluetooth. Any BT headset will be fully compatible. As for additional features, having it turn on and off with the iPhone is cool. It all depends what you are looking for.

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
neither...i already have a motorolla one that serves me just fine.

besides, i don't use them in public so asthetics don't really matter.

public use of bluetooth headsets = huge d-bag

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
I really don't like the look of the jawbone.

I already have a moto bluetooh headphone, so maybe I will try that first, but I may eventually get the Apple one.

Honestly, though, I don't find much use in bluetooth hedsets, but that has to more to do with the way the have worked with phones I have had.

Perhaps the iPhone will change that.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I have to use one everyday. You are no longer aloud to drive a car on any Government installation without a headset.

jordan

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Oklahoma
i don't know which one ill get.. i like them both.. i like the noise cancelling feature on the jawbone and the on off feature on the Apple. so it will probably come down to the last second before i pick

rollerbones

Bronze
May 14, 2007
Ohio
I love the Jawbone! Really easy on the ear and includes 45 extra earbuds (2 of each design) and 4 extra ear wraps (different sizes)

Last edited by a moderator:

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
that on off function for the Apple one is the only thing stooping me from getting the jawbone
Ask yourself this... Do you normally use your phone in noisy environments? If so, you should get the Jawbone. If not, you should get the Apple headset.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Ask yourself this... Do you normally use your phone in noisy environments? If so, you should get the Jawbone. If not, you should get the Apple headset.
Even driving in the car is a noisy environment though. When I used a different headset the other day everyone was complaining about the noise compared to when I use the Jawbone. The noise canceling is soooooooo sick.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Even driving in the car is a noisy environment though. When I used a different headset the other day everyone was complaining about the noise compared to when I use the Jawbone. The noise canceling is soooooooo sick.
Well it depends on the car. In my Lexus with the audio off and windows up, it's completely quiet. In my S2000, I have intake and exhaust sounds buzzing in my ear.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Well it depends on the car. In my Lexus with the audio off and windows up, it's completely quiet. In my S2000, I have intake and exhaust sounds buzzing in my ear.
I drive an Infiniti G35 Coupe and a Porsche Cayenne both equally noise shielded but you can still tell a difference while on the headsets.