Jawbone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Tank863

Jul 19, 2007
Philadelphia
I just received my jawbone today... must say the setup was easy.
The device doesn't look too bad on my ear, and actually works great.

I'm impressed so far.

HarleyS

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
Sarasota Florida
Yah I still think its a little big. And i notice it a bit more while wearing it but the proformance of it is amazing. I think im gonna be happy with it as soon as I get used to the feel of it.

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
I swapped to Jawbone from Jabra - very very happy with audio quality and range of use.

Pairs easily as well.

Don't like the Jawbone charger plug, which is a cr@p design!

But I can live with that - audio quality is everything, and JB is superb!

iTiki

Jul 8, 2007
I wear mine with shades all the time - the wire on the Jawbone sits down in the crease between ear and head nicely and doesn't interfere with the side arm of the glasses at all.

Thanks. Does it work well on both the right or left ear? For some reason I prefer using my phone on the left ear. I guess I have "trained" myself that way so my right hand is free to write.

Mike

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Hands down best Bluetooth headset ever made - so far.

And its completely symmetrical. It should work fine in either ear.

jjoseph

Jul 24, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
Battery Life?

Can anyone comment on battery life? My job forces me to meet with a lot of clients inside factories, so I would use the "noise shield" function heavily. The incredible battery life of my E510 is something I love, but the noise cancellation feature of the Jawbone is truly incredible.

veedubcos

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Can anyone comment on battery life? My job forces me to meet with a lot of clients inside factories, so I would use the "noise shield" function heavily. The incredible battery life of my E510 is something I love, but the noise cancellation feature of the Jawbone is truly incredible.
Noise shield comes on by default when you answer a call. So far im going 2.5 days on a charge and still going strong. Made approx 15-30 somewhat lengthy calls. I tried it going down the highway with all the windows down and the radio blaring and my sister on the other side heard me fine, with little background noise.

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
Thanks. Does it work well on both the right or left ear? For some reason I prefer using my phone on the left ear. I guess I have "trained" myself that way so my right hand is free to write.

Mike
The Jawbone comes with 2 left and 2 right hand ear loops, one large and one 'normal' per side.

I too use it on the left, and found the large left loop a good initial fit, and easy to perfect by bending the loop wire a little. (as is intended)

That, plus the 4 inner ear options give you plenty of customization.

jjoseph

Jul 24, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
Noise shield comes on by default when you answer a call. So far im going 2.5 days on a charge and still going strong. Made approx 15-30 somewhat lengthy calls. I tried it going down the highway with all the windows down and the radio blaring and my sister on the other side heard me fine, with little background noise.
Wow. That's awesome. Looks like I'll be ordering one. Thanks

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
I bought a Jawbone some months ago (actually, it was the day they hit the market which seems to indicate I have a bad habit of jumping on new technology - but I digress...). Prior to the Jawbone, I had a Motorola and a couple of Jabras. None can hold a candle to the Jawbone in terms of call quality and clarity.

The first day I got the Jawbone, I turned the stereo up all the way in my car, called my wife, and asked her if she could hear me OK...all while speaking in a normal voice. She could. In fact, she couldn't even tell I was on a headset at all.

If any of you need convincing, just watch the demo at Jawbone's website. I've done my own real-world testing similar to what they show on the website, and I can tell you that it works every bit as good as advertised. I like it so much, in fact, that I bought a second one to use with my laptop when I'm making Skype calls.

The only real criticism I have is of the design of the metal ear loops. The ear loops tend to weaken at the point where they slide into the unit since there is some flex that happens when you take the headset on & off your ear. I've broken two so far, but one broke when I caught it on my car door. All in all, the Jawbone has been one of my favorite gadgets I've owned, and it works great with my iPhone.

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Do you have to use the ear clip or can it be removed?

If it is removed, will the thing stay in your ear?

Rumpelgeist

Iceblinkluck

Bronze
Mar 30, 2007
Long Island NY
Do you have to use the ear clip or can it be removed?

If it is removed, will the thing stay in your ear?

Rumpelgeist

I think you definitely need to use the ear clip. I wear glasses and it works fine. I have used the following headsets (not all with the Apple iPhone, so this isn't exactly scientific):

moto 820, 850, h700, plantronics 655. This is the best by far. It is bulky but after the poor fit of the 655 I will not buy a unit without an ear clip. Comfort is still good but for me comfort on any headset it is secondary compared to functionality (can i make/talk on a phone call without a problem).
Hands down the jawbone is the most functional and best headset on the market.

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
This thing is crazy! How do you guys, who love this thing so much use it?

It wouldn't even fit into my ear (and yes I tried all of the ear things) and the ear clip wouldn't fit correctly around my ear. My ears are "normal" sized, though I tried both clips.

There was nothing I could do to keep this thing in my ear. I can't even turn my head *slowly* without it falling completely off my head.

What on earth am I doing wrong?

Rumpelgeist

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me

It wouldn't even fit into my ear (and yes I tried all of the ear things) and the ear clip wouldn't fit correctly around my ear. My ears are "normal" sized, though I tried both clips.

There was nothing I could do to keep this thing in my ear. I can't even turn my head *slowly* without it falling completely off my head.

Rumpelgeist
Bend the ear loop. It can be bent slightly to fit. Right out of the box, I didn't get a particularly close, snug fit. Once I manipulated the ear loop to fit the contour of my head & the size of my ear, it worked great.

YMMV.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD

Rumpelgeist
Don't feel bad, Rumpelgeist. None of the earpiece/earloop combinations would work for me. I got my Jawbone at a really good price, so I'm getting a custom earpiece made for me by www.averysound.com for a little over $60.

Iceblinkluck

Bronze
Mar 30, 2007
Long Island NY

Rumpelgeist
Hmm it fits me pretty well. I have very big ears:

elephant_with_gorgeous_ears.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: