Jawbone

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Do you have to use the ear clip or can it be removed?

If it is removed, will the thing stay in your ear?

Rumpelgeist
I can use it without the earloop.
But the jawbone won't press against my cheek without the earloop.
So the noise cancellation doesn't work without the earloop.

Blah blah blah... Without the earloop. Hah hah hah.
(all of my sentences ended with "without the earloop.")
LOL

Paul830

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Cleveland, OH
I got my Jawbone yesterday. Charged it up. Tried it on several calls and the person/s on the other end said they couldn't hear me over the noise of the radio... I tried pressing the noise canceling button both on and off... no change in noise canceling... the person on the other end told me the only thing they heard different was a decrease in overall call volume and that they could still hear all the background noise... Do you think I got a defective unit? I watched the Jawbone demo video and from what I saw/heard on it this unit seemed to cancel all background noise. Has anyone else had good luck with Jawbone? Does it really cancel background noise. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Paul

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
I got my Jawbone yesterday. Charged it up. Tried it on several calls and the person/s on the other end said they couldn't hear me over the noise of the radio... I tried pressing the noise canceling button both on and off... no change in noise canceling... the person on the other end told me the only thing they heard different was a decrease in overall call volume and that they could still hear all the background noise... Do you think I got a defective unit? I watched the Jawbone demo video and from what I saw/heard on it this unit seemed to cancel all background noise. Has anyone else had good luck with Jawbone? Does it really cancel background noise. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Paul

Where did you buy it?

Paul830

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Cleveland, OH
The Apple Store...

Everything I've read about it has been awsome! Maybe I just a bad unit... Even the volume in the earpiece seems very low, no matter what volume setting I increase it to. The Demo's were quite impressive... no noise in the background what so ever... Thanks, Paul

Flyingstar

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
So. Cal
noise canceling worked but I could not get the thing to stay in my ear no matter which earpiece or ear wire I used. Took it back and bought the NEW plantronics 665! same noise canceling and MUCH smaller and stays in my ear!

Paul830

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Cleveland, OH
Flyingstar, How does the noise canceling work on your plantronics 665? I am thinking about trying one... as the Jawbone didn't work at all for me. Thanks, Paul

Flyingstar

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
So. Cal
Flyingstar, How does the noise canceling work on your plantronics 665? I am thinking about trying one... as the Jawbone didn't work at all for me. Thanks, Paul
I don't really have an opinion yet. Just got it today. Ask me again in a week. (smile)

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
I put a reply in last night, but I guess it did not post right. Something to consider when using a jawbone, you can purchase the Jabra ear gels. They fit nicely in the ear. I use the ear gel (med. size) on the jawbone and I do not use the ear hook. The jawbone will not move out of the ear with the ear gel and the little rubber nipple on the jawbone is always pressed against the face. So for anyone using a jawbone and is having fitment issues. Look into the Jabra ear gels.

- Garrett