jb 2.2 windows

teambash

Bronze
Aug 20, 2008
Can someome give me a hand i want to jb my iPhone, but i want to still have an option 4 a soft unlock later. My question is how do I jb on windows with still have the option for a unlock later.
Thanks all

teambash

Bronze
Aug 20, 2008
can anyone from a mac please link a ispw for window users since there is no pwnage tool for us.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I was wondering why I can't get quikpwn to work...I'm on an XP machine and have a 3g already updated to 2.2. Quikpwn opens sees that its connected to usb but when I browse to my 2.2 firmware, quikpwn just hangs on that screen...I have redownloaded quilpwn 2.2 several times and have rebooted both the phone and the pc.....

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
It appears that the only way I could get Quikpwn to work was to select "open" and run it straight from the download site as opposed to downloading it to my desktop like I always do..hmmm I wonder why that is..?

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
It appears that the only way I could get Quikpwn to work was to select "open" and run it straight from the download site as opposed to downloading it to my desktop like I always do..hmmm I wonder why that is..?
Do you have the latest .NET Framework installed on your PC? From what I remember, QuickPwn requires it.

smittylube

Bronze
Feb 19, 2008
Silicon Valley
SO I have 2.2 running and it is much faster overall. safari screams compared to before.
Now I want to JB..

I see a bunch of comments restore then JB. Does that happen automatically when using quickpwn? If I just UG to 2.2 last night do I need to do any of that?

I did not JB mine personally previously.

Also is it not suggested to install installer- just cydia , sbs, winterboard, ssh etc. right?

Thanks

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
you're fine if you updated last night to 2.2. Just quikpwn it and you're good to go (if you're a legit att customer, of course). I went ahead and installed installer eventhough I don't really use it...

smittylube

Bronze
Feb 19, 2008
Silicon Valley
I keep getting confused.. pawnage or quickpwn (I have a vista laptop)
Also where do I go- any links? I got scared from the link in the JB and how to thread

teambash

Bronze
Aug 20, 2008
download qukpwn there are links in the jb section or in any new jb thread