Jeff Broderick's Beautiful Profiles

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by Rootntootn, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Rootntootn

Rootntootn Member
    Bronze

I loved these; I put a whole bunch in a home page settings folder giving me quick access to most-used Settings functions like Airplane Mode, Wifi, etc. Updated to 5.1, and my profiles appear nuked. Links were broken. Any word about this? Someone warned a few months ago that these were going to be blocked on next iOS update. True?

If so, got a fix? These widgets were invaluable. Saved me a lot of taps.

Jon

4S

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I was also very disapponted to discover that they no longer work on 5.1 because Apple chose to disable them on the new firmware. I sent feedback to Apple yesterday. I encourage you to do the same.

Hopefully, the developer will find an alternate way to get them working again.

#2 Europa, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013
  3. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

It's gotta be frustrating going back to the old methods after you use them, what's with Apple and shortcuts? They are handy, if you gonna disable them for others make your version so people don't have to click 5 buttons to disable something. That's the only beef I have against Apple.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I agree. That's why I'll never be happy with a stock iPhone. It's one thing to not add a built-in option for quick toggles after years of user requests, but it's another to go out of their way to break useful features like these that developers have spent a lot of time making and that users really liked. SBSettings is one of the main reasons people jailbreak. These stock quick toggles may have actually decreased the amount of people who jailbreak, and since that's their goal, I have no idea why they disabled them. They aren't much different from saving a website to the homescreen.

5. Rootntootn

Rootntootn Member
    Bronze

Just what I think, too. Those profiles saved me many clicks. I haven't really yearned to change anything about my 4S. Every night I go through and close about 30 open apps; housecleaning for the next day, and reset it occasionally just 'because.

I gotta stop Bluetooth when not in car because of battery. I've got a funky, security crazy hospital to work in that makes me have mess with logging into wifi repeatedly. Drilling into Settings repeatedly.

I miss you, profiles.