JellyLock Beta

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by Napoleon PhoneApart, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Testing a beta of Max Katzmann's JellyLock for iPhone. Not many features as yet, but interesting. I did a quick video:

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I like that! It's like the unlock the unlock method used on a Jelly Bean (hence the name Jelly) Android device.

I'm surprised Apple haven't changed the way they unlock their devices. I know you can use the iPhone Configuration Utility to create a more complex password, but that's it.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

This tweak has a lot of known bugs that need to be worked out during the beta testing, and since it changes the way the phone unlocks, it's a good idea to set up an activator gesture for unlocking as a backup.

4. Santa

Santa Evangelist
    Gold

I'm especially impressed by the carrier

5. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

It's one of those foreign networks... :p

6. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

I've been a user of the UnFold lockscreen for quite some time, but now I've disabled it in favor of JellyLock. Like its inspiration, Android Jellybean, JellyLock features a circle lock icon that expands when touched to a larger circle. You can drag to the edge of the circle on your Lock screen to unlock your device. It also features the ability to fully customize the look of the launcher and add up to six custom apps that can be launched directly from the Lock screen. Other customization options include circle size and position, labels, badges, Siri launch, opacity and vibration.

Although it is still in beta, it seems to work just fine.

IMG_0054.PNG

IMG_0053.PNG

7. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Threads merged :)

8. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Still don't get it....apps on lockscreen....( fits the definition of an Oxymoron );););)

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

10. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Does anybody have berryc8 (new from jellylock) and priority hub installed? Berryc8 is causing my priority hub notifications not to be able to be opened on lock screen.

11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

It's a separate tweak from Jellylock. Karen (angelxwind) is working on that. Have you tried emailing Max Katzmann, the developer?

12. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Yes. Max does not respond. I like BerryC8 besides this issue. For JellyLock, is there a way to have the apps show immediately before holding the circle?