Jericho: Spoiler potential

H

Hayesimus

So who here watches Jericho? WE already have a few LOST threads so i figured I'd get one going for this other TV gem. This is a show about a very small town that witnesses a mushroom cloud on the horizon. All hell breaks loose as the town realizes the scope of the event. Most of the major U.S. cities were just wiped off the face of the map by nuclear bombs, including Washington D.C. They now struggle for their very lives against radioactive fallout, thieves who would plunder their vulnerable town, and some covert radical elements from our own government. I for one was super excited when i heard the news that they decided to bring it back. Those IDIOTS that cancelled it, after a cliffhanger no less. Anyway. yeah this season has been soo good so far. AND last nights the most recent episode? OMG! NO! WHY!?! if you watched it you'll know what i mean. I really didn't want that to happen. I wish it coulda been someone else. but that's what makes the show more believeable. it can happen to ANYBODY. anyway, lemme know what ya'll think of the show if you watch it. ANd if not, then get it on iTunes.

H

Hayesimus

Apparently NOT.... :p

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I think Jericho was a great show, Hayesimus, and it was a crime to pull it off the air. There's still a huge push to get it back on another cable network such as Sci-Fi.

Last edited by a moderator:

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
The only good sci fi show ever made was
the twilight zone
all these other scifi shoes i don't enjoy
but im not a nerd either so
thats probably why

H

Hayesimus

I agree, yet disagree. I loved the original Twilight Zone. So creative and intuitive. The original Outer Limits however... was hit or miss. The madtv to the time's SNL. if you will... I LOVED the newer outer limits. Very moving work on that series. Babylon 5 was phenomenal. I really wish that they'd been given a budget like the star trek shows. They could've done some very nice things with twice as much money. Still a superb show. It just can look a little dated nowadays.
And of course the other station show Star Trek Deep Space 9. Although it started out fairly week, when it got into the whole dominion arc, some of the most compelling scifi to date.

Another great show was Farscape. Seriously the most visually stunning and provocative series. Jim Henson Productions did a wonderful job.

I really hope they bring Jericho back. I can't believe they pulled it AGAIN. That show should be interesting to everyone, I mean it could happen.

H

Hayesimus

nope. that was the last episode. They cancelled it a second time. They said the ratings were bad. WELL HELLO! friggin writers strike screwed up A LOT of things. I can't believe they even went by the ratings this years.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Babylon 5 was phenomenal. I really wish that they'd been given a budget like the star trek shows. They could've done some very nice things with twice as much money. Still a superb show. It just can look a little dated nowadays.
For me, the budget had nothing to do with the quality of Babylon 5. The writing was outstanding. Take a look at my signature -- you don't need a million dollar budget to write like that.

H

Hayesimus

I was merely saying that it would have propelled it into even greater things. I have read many thing from JMS saying that he had to pull back from some things he wanted to do in order to stay under budget. We could've seen more of the station. There were also times Like in... i'm not sure which episode, maybe the one where B5 broke away. WHere there was a couple of President Clark's earth ships fighting B5 and then the Mimbari came swooping in, JMS had wanted to show the reactions of the crews on those ships, but he couldn't afford the extras. I mean that one minor thing could've made it even better.