JIVETALK for the iPhone better than other web AIMS/YIMS/MIMS

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
We were lucky enough to get a super sneak peak at another one of JiveTalk's IM clients, again. This time, the iPhone version blessed us. It's still the same multi-IM network JiveTalk we love — just in a web version. They've made it the most usable, and functional Instant Messaging app for the iPhone so far, and mind you this is still technically alpha software. A notable lacking feature is actual alerts, like vibrate, or sound based (they are working on the sound). At the end of the day, this is almost the best of what could be done with Apple's "web only" approach, and they ended up making a pretty usable program. Click on for the full features, screen shots, and release date!

Last edited by a moderator:

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
This was from the boy genius. I think they are just testing it. It may cost money though. Maybe Apple will release aim on the iPhone.

Last edited by a moderator:

J-Sauce

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Judging by the detail and apparent functionality, I'd be surprised if they didn't charge anything for this. It looks like it took a lot of work to put together.

Bosco115

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
Yeah, it's pretty sluggish. It works though, and it looks like iChat should. Also, it crashed Safari and sent me back to the Home screen the second time I tried it. Definitely alpha software, but I can't wait until they clean it up a bit and optimize it.

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
A piece of advice for anyone using Google Talk...

You need to use your entire e-mail address as your username. That's why I was having problems logging in. I think it was hanging up on my login info not being correct.

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
im loving every minute of jivetalk! still waiting for trillians alpha app for the iPhone though, i bet it will be much better.

stiphone

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Tucson, Arizona
it's pretty good. I've tried it on my iPhone. It would have been great if it's a widget in the desktop instead. Guess would have to wait for Apple to release a new update and hopefully it has iChat included. Just wondering that if u log on and start a new web page and start surfing elsewhere, would u still be able to receive messages?