Job Resume.

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
So, er... I feel like a complete goof for even mentioning this guys. But, I'm applying for a job at Apple, and they're fond of job applications. This is like, the first one I've ever made. (Fast food joints usually don't require them.) Just let me know what you think, eh? Anything that has to be added (or removed) would be appreciated.

Me! said:
Shawn M Coughlin
((LOLZ MY ADDRESS WUD B RITE HERE))
Cell: ((AND MY FONE NUMBER LOLOL)) Email: Fortis.arduis@gmail.com

Education
- Junior(11th grade) at Alief Hastings High School
- Lance Corporal in the Marine Corps Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps, Awarded certificates for "Leadership by Initiative" and to certify completion of the Cadet Leadership Course at Alief Hastings High School MCJROTC

Experience
- What-A-Burger
o 01/2009-Present
o Tested and approved to work the Lobby and Drive-through register stations, as well as the grill and fry stations.

Skills
- Worked (and played) with computers all of my life, experienced with troubleshooting software problems and helping to find solutions.
- Very experienced with customer service and making the most of the customer's experience, including knowledge on prices and the cash register itself.
- Not tied down to one position. Will work hard on any task that is thrown my way, not one to leave things unfinished.

References available upon request.

EDIT: Also, it's formatted a bit different, and not in that font. Don't know how to show it though. :p

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Thats so weird. The Apple stores here in Miami/Aventura are walking meeting style with a favouritism towards young/people my age.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Looks like a you have a good draft there. I would add in a "goals" section at the top, which really only needs to be one sentence, and list the current position you are applying for.

I would also recommend elaborating on your computer skills rather than saying "worked and played". You can include Windows and Linux Os, but make sure it focuses on Mac Os experience.

Good Luck!

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
You have to be under 25 and have a minimum of 5 tattoo's and 7 piercings to work at my Apple store.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Er... I don't exactly have a lot of that...
/suicide
Then stress whichever computing-related areas you do have good knowledge in. Mention iPhone knowledge, maybe even mention being an active iPhone forum participant.

I agree that your first draft looks pretty good, and that you should add a short goals statement at the top - try to include in there that you'd like to make use of and build your technical knowledge etc.

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
shawn, i say this with love...

your resume is boring and does nothing to distinguish you from other applicants. on paper you sound like every other high school kid that knows his way more around a mother board than a long board.

the inclusion of military, while applaudable, is decidedly unApple. i would list it separately under an extra-curricular section, focusing more on the "Leadership" and "Initiative" than the "corporal" and "Marines"...

also, i think you should include a bit more detail about your work experience, regardless of how limited it may seem. do you work during busy hours? can you assist at other stations? do you use electronics at work?

under "Skills", you say you're very experienced, but your work experience is less than five months. how do you quantify "very"?

you've got one shot at this thing so spend the time to do it right. i review a lot of resumes and many of them get pushed aside after a quick scan. make yourself stand out, but not by using cheap tricks like fancy fonts or colors.

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX

your resume is boring and does nothing to distinguish you from other applicants. on paper you sound like every other high school kid that knows his way more around a mother board than a long board.

the inclusion of military, while applaudable, is decidedly unApple. i would list it separately under an extra-curricular section, focusing more on the "Leadership" and "Initiative" than the "corporal" and "Marines"...

also, i think you should include a bit more detail about your work experience, regardless of how limited it may seem. do you work during busy hours? can you assist at other stations? do you use electronics at work?

under "Skills", you say you're very experienced, but your work experience is less than five months. how do you quantify "very"?

you've got one shot at this thing so spend the time to do it right. i review a lot of resumes and many of them get pushed aside after a quick scan. make yourself stand out, but not by using cheap tricks like fancy fonts or colors.
<3 I appreciate the honest help, Coasts. I just wish that there was a really, really easy way to put it to use.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com

Great advice!

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
<3 I appreciate the honest help, Coasts. I just wish that there was a really, really easy way to put it to use.
You lazy little basterd, i say that with love you'r like a little brother to me